Author Topic: 2015 Archive - July 2014 photo competition : QE2's Funnel (closing 31 July 2014)  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

This month's theme is "QE2's funnel", chosen by me, as the winner of the April competition.

I decided this was a good moment for us all to bring together our photos of the most beautiful funnel on a ship, and to enjoy the sight, though sadly not its sound. The main focus should be on the funnel, and the picture can be taken from on board, from on shore or even from the air! Looking forward to all the sights captured at the time.

The prize for the winner will be a walnut picture frame bought on board QE2 in 2008 and still in its original wrapping, donated by me.

The album is open -  so now is the time to look for your most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you fun as you search your photo collection to find three pictures to upload to the competition album:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=120

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us at admin@theqe2story.com  .

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2936.0.html

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 July 2014. Voting will run from 1 August 2014 until 30 August 2014.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014, 11:55 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

QE2's funnel, the theme for this month's photo competition, should result in some really good photos for all to enjoy.

Have a look at the instructions above and submit your photo, which will have a change of winning this month's prize, a lovely walnut photo frame bought onboard QE2.

Link to gallery album:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=120
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

Less than a week to submit your 3 best "QE2 funnel" photos for the July Photo Competition that closes on 31 July. 

We could do with a few more photos to help keep the memory of QE2's magnificent funnel alive, so why not give it try and upload your photos to this free to enter competition.   :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

When I was working on adding key words to this month's competition photos, I had the opportunity to have a good look at what has been uploaded and I have to say that I was just amazed at what fantastic photos have been submitted.  We even have photos of the original funnel - it just gets better with every month's competition.   ;D

There is still time to submit your photos and remember there is a beautiful QE2 photo frame prize for the winner. 
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
I can't wait to see what wonderful photos are in store for us in this next month's competition !

June  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

September 2015 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 1
Views: 1774
Last post Sep 28, 2015, 05:56 PM
by June Ingram
Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool

Started by Cunarder ManBoard Past Events

Replies: 15
Views: 4248
Last post May 24, 2015, 12:39 AM
by Twynkle
Lusitania Anniversary events 2009 - 2015

Started by KEVBoard Ships

Replies: 9
Views: 3561
Last post Jul 24, 2015, 01:58 PM
by Chris
QE2 Conversion August 2015 to ?

Started by Louis De SousaBoard QE2 News while in Lay-up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 44
Views: 13891
Last post Jul 13, 2017, 11:43 AM
by Louis De Sousa
Cunard line 175th anniversary 2015

Started by southfielddaneBoard Cunard

Replies: 138
Views: 54809
Last post Aug 06, 2015, 05:54 PM
by June Ingram