Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Cunarder Man

Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool
« on: Oct 18, 2014, 04:39 PM »
Anyone else in the 'QE2 Story Team' on this cruise? We'll arrange something on board.

Offline tdickson

Re: Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Heading to Liverpool on board QM2 so I can wave or say hello whilst we are ashore, but not too sure about what time she leaves on the 25th May it says morning on our cruise personaliser 

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Heading to Liverpool on board QM2 so I can wave or say hello whilst we are ashore, but not too sure about what time she leaves on the 25th May it says morning on our cruise personaliser

I heard QM2 will leave Liverpool cruise out into the Irish Sea and meet up with QE & QV, then all three will sail into Liverpool. QV then will dock and the sisters will sail away. There's only a short window when the three ship will be together in the city. Looking forward to the spectacle!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Originally I hoped to be on QV but couldn't afford the prices (not even close). Then I hoped to at least be in Liverpool but it looks like my work has other ideas with a major project going live at the same time, I now doubt I'll make it at all. Gutted!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Barrie Evans

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2015, 11:23 PM »
Hi, I shall be on the Queen Elizabth when she arrives in Liverpool on the 25th May.  ;D

Offline tdickson

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2015, 06:31 AM »
That is at least one forum member on each ship, we need some FORUM flags !!!!!

Offline David Templar

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2015, 11:09 AM »
That's as shame rob

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2015, 11:40 AM »
Unfortunately I will not be in Liverpool or onboard any of the three Queens in Liverpool.  I know of a few members who will be onboard Queen Victoria so I hope you have the opportunity to meet onboard and to meet with other Forum members at Liverpool as well. 

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Shay Whitehead

« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:29 PM »
I will be on board with Susan would love to meet. We need to post a meeting point.
Shay x

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2015, 11:45 PM »
I will be on board with Susan would love to meet. We need to post a meeting point.
Shay x

Saturday 23 May at 1830 unless you are on a first sitting, in The Winter Garden lounge area?

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2015, 12:08 AM »
The details show that Queen Victoria will be berthed in Liverpool soon after Queen Elizabeth leaves the Cruise Terminal - at approx. 23.00 hrs on 25th May.
Might there be the possibility of any 'early birds' meeting nearby for Breakfast / Brunch on shoreside, before leaving on excursions?
Rosie
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline David Templar

« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2015, 01:13 AM »
I am doing the fireworks trip on. 25th and see we leave I guess will look out for you. Is there any meet up in Liverpool those not on ships?

Offline Jenny Roberts

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Does anyone have an exact time that the three will be together. We are going to Southampton for a cruise
on the 25th but plan to go via Liverpool to see them.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 11:14 PM »
Hi Jenny

It looks as if it will be for a short time on Monday, 25th May
10.45 am - QM2 sails down river from her berth to turn and lead in the other two ships (QV and QE) who will stay in the Mersey for longer - QM2 will sailaway at 2.00 pm....

More details here:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6701.0.html

Offline Twynkle

After the small matter of an on-off strike threatening to spoil the party, matters have been resolved by the Railway men (tracks, not trains) - and with a short 'phew', it's time to get out the old rucksack, pack it and head north. 
Tomorrow  we see what feels unbelievably like home at home (it is!), then it's a matter of fireworks and lumiere (sans son!) of those three old buildings, before a brief cat-nap - then off to join the little fishing boat (hopefully it won't be experience as pesky by the powers that be in those bigger than big Bridges).
We set off at 4.45 am. Before you all ask - Why? (And well you might!) - it's because of the lock outs, and the serious nature of the Rules of the Road when monster-big ships all arrive, dance and depart at once - doubtless, it could remind some of sychronised swimming....
Later we'll be joining the Royal-whichever-ferry-it-is for fireworks etc

Semi-Strange things are going on tonight - The Night Before...etc.
QE is up along the flat top of N Scotland - Mighty Mary has been seen west of the IOM - whilst our lovely, dear QV is sitting anchored off Guernsey as she awaits the company of a Mersey Pilot.... Hey ho!

Wishing you were here - and there; see you who are there, soon!

Importantly, Cunard are Live Streaming from Cunard website between 12 noon (I think) and approx 14.25 BST on Monday, it would be wise to check times on the website - hopefully you'll be able to watch as well....
I am taking Rob's little TQS Cards, there will be several opportunities to distribute them where appropriate.
If I see the Mersey Mission to Seafarers people, I'll offer them a flyer too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:45 AM by Twynkle »