Author Topic: Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Twynkle

After the small matter of an on-off strike threatening to spoil the party, matters have been resolved by the Railway men (tracks, not trains) - and with a short 'phew', it's time to get out the old rucksack, pack it and head north. 
Tomorrow  we see what feels unbelievably like home at home (it is!), then it's a matter of fireworks and lumiere (sans son!) of those three old buildings, before a brief cat-nap - then off to join the little fishing boat (hopefully it won't be experience as pesky by the powers that be in those bigger than big Bridges).
We set off at 4.45 am. Before you all ask - Why? (And well you might!) - it's because of the lock outs, and the serious nature of the Rules of the Road when monster-big ships all arrive, dance and depart at once - doubtless, it could remind some of sychronised swimming....
Later we'll be joining the Royal-whichever-ferry-it-is for fireworks etc

Semi-Strange things are going on tonight - The Night Before...etc.
QE is up along the flat top of N Scotland - Mighty Mary has been seen west of the IOM - whilst our lovely, dear QV is sitting anchored off Guernsey as she awaits the company of a Mersey Pilot.... Hey ho!

Wishing you were here - and there; see you who are there, soon!

Importantly, Cunard are Live Streaming from Cunard website between 12 noon (I think) and approx 14.25 BST on Monday, it would be wise to check times on the website - hopefully you'll be able to watch as well....
I am taking Rob's little TQS Cards, there will be several opportunities to distribute them where appropriate.
If I see the Mersey Mission to Seafarers people, I'll offer them a flyer too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:45 AM by Twynkle »

5 Night cruise on the Queen Elizabeth (27th April 2012)

Started by Barrie EvansBoard Past Events

Replies: 5
Views: 2549
Last post Apr 26, 2012, 11:05 PM
by Barrie Evans
Steven Adler, QE2 Waiter, Queen's Grill 1981-1985

Started by adlerscBoard QE2 Officers & Crew & Workers Introductions

Replies: 44
Views: 19770
Last post Jul 05, 2020, 04:05 PM
by Vincent Scriven
Queen Mary reopens

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 17
Views: 3109
Last post Aug 30, 2023, 02:56 AM
by Chris
TheQE2Story at RMS Queen Mary : Jan 16th 2010

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 6
Views: 3486
Last post Jan 09, 2011, 01:38 PM
by 3QueensGirl
The Queen at the Naming of Queen Elizabeth

Started by Michael GallagherBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 0
Views: 615
Last post Jun 13, 2018, 02:19 PM
by Michael Gallagher