Author Topic: December 2018 : Colour Red  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

December 2018 : Colour Red
« on: Nov 30, 2018, 11:37 AM »
This month's theme is "Colour Red", chosen by Lynda Bradford, the winner of the August 2018 competition. This can be anything showing the colour red on QE2 -- could be the funnel, or Christmas decorations, or red lights. The choice is yours, but the colour red somewhere on QE2 must feature in the picture.

It is a very fitting theme for the Advent and Christmas season -- looking forward to lots of entries this month!

The prize this month is a GBP 25 voucher for the Brixham Steam Packet Company, donated by June Ingram. This is a family run business based in Brixham, Devon (UK), selling antique and reproduction marine collectables.

https://www.brixhamsteampacket.co.uk/

Alternatively, June is offering a jigsaw of the prizewinning picture. The choice is yours -- which will it be?

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Colour Red.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 December 2018. Voting will run from 1 January 2019 until 31 January 2019.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

This is the fourth month of photos for the 2020 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2019, 07:24 PM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
Re: December 2018 : Colour Red
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Uploaded, plenty of photos to choose from this time! Plenty of memories too.
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2018, 02:11 PM »
Already there are some excellent entries for the December competition theme "red" This can be anything showing the colour red on QE2 -- could be the funnel, or Christmas decorations, or red lights. The choice is yours, but the colour red somewhere on QE2 must feature in the picture.

Looking forward to seeing lots more, so please look at your albums and upload your three favourite pictures that match the theme. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:21 PM »
OH MY GOODNESS!

There's something about the theme this month that made me REALLY look at my photos in a totally different way.  How fantastic.  More like this please!!  I decided to ban myself from using the red funnel, and thought I'd be short of options, but NO I had loads to choose from!  I changed my mind quite a few times too.

People don't know what they're missing with our photo competition, they really don't.  Thousands of people across the world loved QE2, and are sitting at home with large photo collections that they'll never do anything with....

So thank you for running this competition, and thank you for entering, and thank you Cunard and QE2 for the memories.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2018, 10:18 PM »
I love the way this photo competition theme has brought out such a wide variety of photos!

Have a look at this wonderful collection :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=193

And if possible, add your own pictures  -- anything at all, provided that QE2 and the colour red are there!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2018, 04:35 PM »
I love the way this photo competition theme has brought out such a wide variety of photos!

Have a look at this wonderful collection :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=193

And if possible, add your own pictures  -- anything at all, provided that QE2 and the colour red are there!

Some excellent photos have been uploaded so far and looking forward to seeing more pictures of QE2 with the colour red. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

December 2017 : Behind the scenes -- photos off the public spaces

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 11
Views: 3065
Last post Jan 01, 2018, 11:48 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
Giancarlo Impiglia Art Exhibition, Miami, Florida: 3 to 8 December 2019

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Past Events

Replies: 2
Views: 909
Last post Dec 07, 2019, 11:29 AM
by Rob Lightbody
December 2000 Helicopter Rescue at Sea

Started by Scott EbersoldBoard The 2000s

Replies: 5
Views: 4024
Last post May 25, 2009, 04:24 PM
by Scott Ebersold
Special photo competition in December

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 4
Views: 593
Last post Jan 14, 2021, 02:28 PM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2 Technical Trials -- 23 December 1968 to 2 January 1969

Started by YoungesteverpassengerBoard Design, Concept & Build

Replies: 34
Views: 18272
Last post Dec 24, 2023, 09:53 AM
by Lynda Bradford