Author Topic: Giancarlo Impiglia Art Exhibition, Miami, Florida: 3 to 8 December 2019  (Read 905 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Giancarlo Impiglia, who painted the Lifestyle Murals on QE2 is exhibiting his new artwork at an exhibition in Miami, Florida.

Our forum members living in Florida or visiting the sunshine state may be interested in going along to view the exhibits from Galleries across the world.

The show is at the International Contemporary Art Fair - Art Miami/Context from 3 to 8 December 2019. 

The gallery representing Giancarlo is Counterpoint Contemporary and the Booth number is A7. Giancarlo Impiglia will be in attendance so if you do get the opportunity to attend please say "hello" from the QE2 Story!

I will post more information and photos
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

I received photos from Giancarlo Impiglia showing some of the paintings on display at the exhibition in Miami.

There is so much detail and the use of vibrant colours add to the story being told. 

One that caught my eye, in the background of the second photo.  It is the one with the couple dancing - the movement of the skirt of her dress, the scarf and her hair swept back with the movement of the dance.

I like the detail of the lines on the painting of the couple "holding hands", where the lines of the skyline and the neon sign, are carried down to the lines on the dress and trousers and even the woman's straight arm by her side.

Please post on the forum if you manage to attend the exhibition.

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
I received photos from Giancarlo Impiglia showing some of the paintings on display at the exhibition in Miami.

There is so much detail and the use of vibrant colours add to the story being told. 

One that caught my eye, in the background of the second photo.  It is the one with the couple dancing - the movement of the skirt of her dress, the scarf and her hair swept back with the movement of the dance.

I like the detail of the lines on the painting of the couple "holding hands", where the lines of the skyline and the neon sign, are carried down to the lines on the dress and trousers and even the woman's straight arm by her side.

Please post on the forum if you manage to attend the exhibition.

His artwork is fantastic, I loved it on QE2, and I love what I see here.  So nice of him to get in touch and create that human link.  One of the best bits about the forum over the years, has been the surprising number of times that that has happened!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.