Author Topic: 2015 Archive - December photo of the month : QE2's Wake  (Read 3763 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

This month's theme is "QE2's Wake", chosen for December by southfielddane, the winner of the September competition.

We look forward to seeing lots of photos for this theme, which could have been taken from on board or from land or another ship. It just needs to be clear that the wake belongs to QE2!

The album is open -  so now is the time to remember your views of QE2's wake. Wishing you fun as you search your photo collection to find three pictures to upload to the competition album:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=108

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 December 2013. Voting will run from 1 January 2014 until 31 January 2014.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2014, 11:44 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

A new gallery album for submitting your photos of QE2's Wake is now ready for you to upload your entries to December Photo Competition. 

You will remember how peaceful it was to sit and watch QE2's wake, but did you take photos?  If you did please enter your three best photos for this month's competition.  We would love to see them. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
I've just submitted two and then got lost in half an hour of memories...  some great photos there already!!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

Isabelle has kindly offered a lovely walnut photo frame from QE2 as a prize for this month's photo competition. 

Look out for more details  :)

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline skilly56

I think one of the most outstanding features of QE2 was the effortless way she could accelerate, then maintain a high speed with virtually no cavitation or vibration, depending on the sea conditions (sometimes you could feel it in the Lido if you were standing in the right location). With deep-set props she didn't waste much thrust.

I served briefly as an engine room artificer on HMS Blackpool about 1971, when the RNZN 'borrowed' her from the Royal Navy for a couple of years. Standing on her quarterdeck at 30/31 knots was enough to shake all your loose fillings out! And the large upthrust wake climbing skywards behind the transom stern would make a precisely dropped tray of empty beer cans erupt upwards like a mini-volcano. But, I didn't have a decent camera back then.
A total contrast in power delivery!

Skilly

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks for sharing  these memories Skilly

Already we have 24 beautiful photos of "QE2's Wake" uploaded to this month's competition but looking forward to seeing more by the time the competition closed on 31 December.
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=108
www.qe2event.com

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Isabelle has kindly offered a lovely walnut photo frame from QE2 as a prize for this month's photo competition. 

Look out for more details  :)

Here come the details! I have finally managed to take a picture of the frame and upload it to the Gallery.

This is a walnut frame, which we received on QE2 after we had bought a sufficiently large number of photographs (and I have some further frames too!).

Still in its original bubble wrap with a QE2 sticker :

This is a beautiful walnut veneer frame, with a Cunard plaque and a QE2 plaque in metal at the top and bottom, respectively. The maximum picture size is about 24.5 cm x 19.5 cm. The frame itself is 3 cm wide.

The back looks like this (i.e. the picture can be either hung or stood up) :

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks for posting the pictures of the photo frame Isabelle - looks lovely.

I have posted my three photos, it has bee a busy time but I wanted to make sure that I uploaded my photos before the deadline tomorrow. 
www.qe2event.com

September 2015 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 1
Views: 1773
Last post Sep 28, 2015, 05:56 PM
by June Ingram
Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool

Started by Cunarder ManBoard Past Events

Replies: 15
Views: 4246
Last post May 24, 2015, 12:39 AM
by Twynkle
Lusitania Anniversary events 2009 - 2015

Started by KEVBoard Ships

Replies: 9
Views: 3559
Last post Jul 24, 2015, 01:58 PM
by Chris
QE2 Day on board Queen Mary 2, 5th July 2015 (Historic Liverpool crossing)

Started by Michael GallagherBoard Past Events

Replies: 19
Views: 8078
Last post Jul 06, 2015, 04:14 PM
by June Ingram
QE2 Conversion August 2015 to ?

Started by Louis De SousaBoard QE2 News while in Lay-up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 44
Views: 13888
Last post Jul 13, 2017, 11:43 AM
by Louis De Sousa