Author Topic: Captain Ian McNaught  (Read 34829 times)

Offline hollihedge

Captain Ian McNaught
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Does anyone know which ship (if any) Capt McNaught has transferred to?  There are postings on CC about other esteemed QE2 staff, but not him
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2009, 02:43 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Gill

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: Captain McNaught
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 09:29 PM »
He told us in September that he would be sharing QV with Nick Bates.

Both of these captains were excellent, and so likeable, on QE2 (and we knew Nick Bates also on Caronia)... but I fear I shall not book a voyage on QV...  :(

Offline Chris

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2009, 12:31 AM »
I was also told that Captain McNaught will be aboard Queen Victoria.

Someone however will be needed to stand by Queen Elizabeth soon!
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I don't think you've persuaded me, Chris  ;)  !

Even with Ian McNaught as captain, I doubt that I shall want to try out the sadly misnamed new QE...

Offline hollihedge

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2009, 03:28 PM »
The photos of QV in the waves on Rob's main site are enough to put me off, even with our esteemed Capt McNaught at the helm!

Interesting post on CC below:-

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2009/02/11/qe2-captain-at-helm-of-tyne-clean-up-vessel-61634-22903828/
Gill

Offline Andy F

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2009, 12:26 AM »
I heard he was due to join QV also, along with Thomas Quinones apparently.  Have to agree with your point about doing a T/A on QV Hollihedge.  The pictures, although not surprising, did little to inspire me and if/when I do cross the pond, it will be QM2 only I'm afraid!
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline singlemalt

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2009, 12:29 AM »
I've bitten the bullet and am doing first TA (ever!) on QM2 April 8th -does feel as if I am being unfaithful to QE2  ???( but am thinking i need to try QM2 out whilst searching for a QE2 substitute....)
You never forget your first love..... the question is... am I ready to move on yet????  ???

Ali  :-[
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2009, 12:33 AM by singlemalt »
Wearer of swishy skirts and fab heels; otherwise known as the Cruise Director

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2009, 01:02 AM »
You never forget your first love..... the question is... am I ready to move on yet? 

Ali 

Ali,
 l wish you well, as for being unfaithful to dear QE2 ,rather you than me ;) l havent so much as even looked at the 2009 brochure, it really doesnt float my boat so to speak, but with the massive price cuts, perhaps i have picked the wrong year to stop cruising  ::)
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Andy F

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2009, 01:09 AM »
Ali, don't look at it as being unfaithful; after all, it's not like you're having an affair with QM2 behind QE2's back but rather that you're thinking of dating again after a suitable period of mourning.  We all have to move on but we never forget those we have lost along the way!

Offline Chris

« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2009, 01:03 PM »
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2009, 01:07 PM by Chris »
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline hollihedge

« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Thanks for posting Chris
Gill

Offline Pia

« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Thanks, Chris.

Possibly a silly question, but is Ian McNaught from Newcastle?

Offline Andy F

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2009, 01:48 AM »
Possibly a silly question, but is Ian McNaught from Newcastle?

No such thing as a silly question Pia but close as Ian originates from Sunderland

Offline Mauretania1907

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2009, 06:55 AM »
Many thanks for posting this, not only do I see Captain McNaught for myself, I am more than pleased to see the Tyne River being refurbished and cleaned environmentally. A certain 4 stacker (now who was she) was born on this very river, and although I've never seen the Tyne for myself, I am interested in environmental matters.

Offline Pia

« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2009, 12:15 AM »
Thanks, Andy   :)  Now I will go and look for a map of the U.K. ...