The Thrones
2 (1.7%)
View from the Chart Room
8 (6.9%)
Luxurious Peace
3 (2.6%)
Red Carpet on 3 Deck
1 (0.9%)
Purple/Lilac Carpet and blue striped curtains at the Entrance to the Britannia Grill
1 (0.9%)
Blue Curtains in Cabin 3082
0 (0%)
Decorative carpets relating to the Launching ceremony with HRH Queen Elizabeth II
9 (7.8%)
Premium quality carpet, what a feeling
4 (3.4%)
Seat by seat
9 (7.8%)
Captain's Cabin 25 Nov 2008
6 (5.2%)
QE2 Furnished for The Queen
5 (4.3%)
QE2 Sun Deck Steamer Chair Rugs
2 (1.7%)
Queens lounge luxury
6 (5.2%)
Table Linen
3 (2.6%)
Stair Carpet
5 (4.3%)
The QE2 Theatre
3 (2.6%)
Waiting for Afternoon Tea
1 (0.9%)
Afternoon Tea
3 (2.6%)
Getting Ready for the Ball
2 (1.7%)
Soft lounges for a soft time on a transatlantic 2003
1 (0.9%)
More soft living on a September transatlantic 2003
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: 2014 Archive - Poll for March Photo of the Month Competition QE2's Soft Furnishings (closed)  (Read 6615 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Photo of the month competition - instructions on how to vote for your favourite photo

The theme of the March competition was "QE2's Soft Furnishings".  Not only did we have the opportunity to see some fabulous pictures but the photos uploaded also gave us an overview of the fabrics and soft furnishings onboard QE2. 

Forum members can vote for their favorite photo(s).  Each member has 3 votes (but please do not vote for your own photo). Voting is open to all members regardless of whether or not you submitted a photo.  Choose up to three photos you want to vote for, noting photo details, then tick the relevant boxes on the voting poll.

To make it easier for you we have posted the photos below but you can also view the photos submitted by members in the Gallery.   You will probably get a better view of the photos in the Gallery where you can see them all at once, in thumbnail form and you can then click on the pictures shown, and click again, to see them in large size.

Click on the Gallery button from the forum or click on this link

You will not see the results until the voting has closed on 30 April 2013 (closing time for your time zone is indicated at the bottom of the poll), after which the winner will be announced.

Good luck everyone who entered photos and thank you to everyone for voting!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:20 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

The splendid carpet of the Pursers Office

Theatre Curtains

Chairs outside Crystal Bar

QE2 Cabin Fabrics and Furnishings

Towels

Classics

Quiet Elegance

Queens Room Bliss

And so,to Bed

The wonders of The Queens Room

The Thrones

View from the Chart Room

Luxurious Peace

Red Carpet on 3 Deck

Purple/Lilac Carpet and blue striped curtains at the Entrance to the Britannia Grill

Blue Curtains in Cabin 3082

Decorative carpets relating to the Launching ceremonie with HRH Queen Elizabeth II

Premium quality carpet, what a feeling !

Seat by seat

Captain's Cabin 25 Nov 2008

QE2 Furnished for The Queen

QE2 Sun Deck Steamer Chair Rugs

Queens Lounge Luxury

Table Linen

Stair carpet

The QE2 Theatre

Waiting for Afternoon Tea

Afternoon Tea

Getting Ready for the Ball

Soft lounges for a soft time on a transatlantic 2003

More soft living on a September transatlantic 2003
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2013, 08:49 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Just voted. I found it exceptionally difficult this month to decide on three favourite pictures -- what a great collection of photographs has been assembled here!

Offline Barrie Evans

:)I've just voted for the March photo of the month Q E 2  Soft furnishings. So many great photo's again this month. It was so nice to bring back such happy memories of our past cruises with our beloved Q E 2.

Online Lynda Bradford

:)I've just voted for the March photo of the month Q E 2  Soft furnishings. So many great photo's again this month. It was so nice to bring back such happy memories of our past cruises with our beloved Q E 2.

I agree Barrie, the photos just bring back memories, especially of the interior of the ship but we could do with more members voting to support the competition.   So if you have not already voted have a look and vote for your favourite three photos.  You will enjoy the memory and imagine you are onboard QE2 again.   :)
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

Just wondering when you link the reminder to vote for comps via facebook can non members vote? it would be interesting to find out how many extra vote via the facebook prompt ....
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

Just wondering when you link the reminder to vote for comps via facebook can non members vote? it would be interesting to find out how many extra vote via the facebook prompt ....

Thanks for the question Myles.  Only members who have logged into the Forum can vote.  Guests can see the photos but cannot vote. 
www.qe2event.com

Online frazscot

Wow, for a few moments I was really back on board !!!!
I've picked my three pictures, then cancelled them and selected another three, then changed my mind again.....................this is by far the most difficult to select.   Do you go for picture quality or for best  angle or for best thought out picture or your favourite place ?
Well, I've made a selection of three, how I wish it could have been at least six !

This is exciting! We now have five pictures with equal votes in first position...

Looking forward to more votes to sort them out  ;) .

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Voted!!

Amazing photos, I enjoyed looking through them!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Alan.C.

Superb collection of photos, you really get a feel as to what the QE2 was all about

Online Lynda Bradford

19 members have voted so far!  One clear winner is emerging but there are a few who are just one vote behind. 

Keep voting!  :)
www.qe2event.com

Getting ever tighter!

After 21 voters, three photos are now equal in the lead, and several others only one point behind. This will be a nail-biting finish...

Please vote if you have not yet done so -- your vote will definitely count  :-* .

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks to everyone who responded to the Photo Competition newsletter and voted. 

The poll closes this evening and there is one photo ahead on votes at the moment but a few who are close behind. 

Last chance to vote!   ;D
www.qe2event.com

Thank you so much! Congratulations also to stowaway2k for his beautiful Queen's Room view  :) . How did you manage to catch it empty during daylight hours??

It was a great month, with a huge choice of brilliant photos, and various front runners at different times. Congratulations to all participants, and thank you for making this such a lively topic.

CUNARD announce new non smoking policy for 2014

Started by tdicksonBoard Cunard

Replies: 4
Views: 3545
Last post Aug 30, 2013, 08:53 PM
by cunardqueen
QE2 Story Gathering - May 31st 2014, Liverpool

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 244
Views: 87519
Last post Jun 21, 2014, 03:58 PM
by Grill Britannia