Author Topic: Special Competition with Photo Book Prize Celebrating 10 years of competitions!  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Hello John, it is great to hear from you and to know that you are enjoying this very special prize!

Lynda has done a superb labour of love on it, and it shows. I am glad that it is helping to bring back memories of your time on board QE2, and that the photos will help you to share those memories with your family and friends.

Your photo is a lovely one -- it was a stroke of genius to get someone to take it for you at the time, and your pose looks so smart.

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks John for posting such positive comments about the Photo Book.  I agree that the books attracts attention from friends and family, who are pleased to learn more about QE2.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online John D Hobley FinstR

Thank you for your comments Isabelle. Not sure about taking any credit for genius but just to send home any pictures to my parents who gave so much to let me join up so young it was the only way to let them see all was well as we where away for months on end. Also in those days to take a picture, wait to have it developed then send it home via post was a big deal.. oh how I wish the technology of today was with us then as nothing would be missed as we take a number of pictures of the same thing just to make sure it’s ok.lol. However, as for smart .. well we all had to wear caps and whites so guess we all looked smart but somehow it just felt right.
Jd

Online Bob C.

I just received the Photo Competition Book that Lynda assembled as the prize for the September photo competition!  It is truly amazing and I can't put it down.

Not only is it a great representation of QE2 over her 50+ year history but it's a great and handy resource for my virtual model.  I've developed all sorts of tricks in estimating dimensions from photos (counting pattern cycles in carpets, comparing shapes and sizes to a know dimension, etc.), all of which I can employ with these great photos without scratching up my computer screen with straightedges and rulers!  This book will be a tremendous resource to my virtual model!

Thank you Lynda!

Offline caledonia

My copy of this beautiful book arrived this morning, and what a pleasure it is to browse through it. The love and affection that we all had for that beautiful ship shines through on all the pages, it brings bacjk so many memerioes that my wife, son and l had when cruising on her. My thanks to everyone who contributed to the photo competion over the years ( and not only the worthy winners, as there were many superb images that didnt come out on the top of the pile) and to Lynda for her efforts in putting this beautiful book together. Its going to be a very welcome and valued addition to my QE2 collection.

Online Lynda Bradford

It was lovely to catch up with Chris Frame on Queen Victoria, for a chat and to give Chris a copy of our Photo Competition Winners book.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Just what is so special about the QE2 ?

Started by pete cainBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories

Replies: 56
Views: 17356
Last post Nov 09, 2013, 09:16 AM
by Bruce Nicholls
special offers

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 0
Views: 1719
Last post Jul 22, 2011, 06:00 PM
by Rob Lightbody
Special launch-day cruise BE THERE : AT THE LAUNCHING OF THE Q4

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard QE2 Build Publications and Memorabilia

Replies: 0
Views: 2019
Last post Apr 23, 2013, 06:10 PM
by Rob Lightbody
A special newsletter - why the forum is still important in the Facebook era

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters