Author Topic: Exclusive QE2 Onboard Photos October 2017  (Read 14550 times)

Offline Clydebuilt1971

Re: Exclusive QE2 Onboard Photos October 2017
« Reply #15 on: Nov 16, 2017, 01:26 PM »
Thanks for the photos Louis - good to see her coming alive once again.

Clydebuilt and Proud Ladies n Gentlemen!!  8)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Her essence is there.  Whoever is doing the refurb/renovation has a feel for QE2.   :) :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
« Reply #17 on: Nov 16, 2017, 03:02 PM »
The Mauretania Restaurant

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #18 on: Nov 16, 2017, 03:24 PM »
The Mauritania Restaurant, 2008.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2017, 03:27 PM by Twynkle »

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #19 on: Nov 16, 2017, 03:30 PM »
The Mauretania Restaurant

Amazing! The work looks well done... but the sea horses look even less attractive when out there forming an island of their own! And yet, they have been respected, and that is a good sign too.

If this is still to be a restaurant, then I suppose tables and chairs will be added, and they will be less obvious...

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2017, 04:35 PM »
Amazing! The work looks well done... but the sea horses look even less attractive when out there forming an island of their own! And yet, they have been respected, and that is a good sign too.

If this is still to be a restaurant, then I suppose tables and chairs will be added, and they will be less obvious...

The waiting stations are still there and some say they have been replaced with new ones (some of these people saying this having worked in the Mauretania when in Cunard service), so likely will be a Restaurant again like the good old days.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2017, 06:38 PM by Thomas Hypher »
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Offline pete cain

« Reply #21 on: Nov 16, 2017, 04:59 PM »
looking good, not before time, but re- assuring to see non the less, I'll eat my humble pie at a time of my choosing Thomas, thank you for posting these Louis, more please..

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2017, 05:52 PM »
Normally this thread should be in the QE2 after Cunard topic but because its open to public I decided
too added it here to a section where only forum members can see.

These photos here are exclusive photos from onboard taken in October 2017,I do ask you all
NOT to share it at all without permission please

The first photo is the new renovated Midships Lobby

I, like many other security officers before and after, spent many an hour there during disembarkation keeping the 'natives, from getting too restless, while the luggage was being off loaded, ah happy days!!!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #23 on: Nov 16, 2017, 07:02 PM »
I don't see anything different except for the, err, interesting new carpet.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
« Reply #24 on: Nov 16, 2017, 07:07 PM »

More than that has been done

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #25 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Perhaps this is why Dubai have been hesitant in releasing any photos , rather than expecting to be heaped praise upon for doing what is supposed to be a new job, they are facing nothing but negative comments from her past passengers. Those who perhaps never sailed will have a different view, in that anything must be good.
Then again perhaps they need to get their Public realtions in order , and PDQ at that.
We are being drip fed news, are they perhaps concerned that a full disclosure of whats been done might send us all overboard.   

But what a beautiful new carpet... ::) ::) ::)
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #26 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:28 PM »
Perhaps this is why Dubai have been hesitant in releasing any photos , rather than expecting to be heaped praise upon for doing what is supposed to be a new job, they are facing nothing but negative comments from her past passengers. Those who perhaps never sailed will have a different view, in that anything must be good.
Then again perhaps they need to get their Public realtions in order , and PDQ at that.
We are being drip fed news, are they perhaps concerned that a full disclosure of whats been done might send us all overboard.   

At least there is an effort being made to open the ship as a hotel and restaurant, which in my view is better than towing the ship to a shipbreaker yard.  Thanks to Louis we are at least getting an insight into what is happening on the ship. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #27 on: Nov 16, 2017, 09:35 PM »
I very much agree with Lynda !  What we are seeing so far is a shiny, clean, modern looking QE2, which fits in perfectly with the "It" Girl that she was (and still is).  At least she has not been redecorated with the heavy, dark look of so many cruise ships now that make one think they are on the Titanic. 

That her rooms look shiny, sparkly, and new is much better than her beaching on the shores of Alang.

QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #28 on: Nov 16, 2017, 11:13 PM »

There's been a huge amount of positivity here about recent developments, and everyone is free to express their feelings.  It's not fair to say that there's been nothing but negative comments.  After the awful years when she was in the dry dock deteriorating, it's been a pleasure to see a renewed focus on her, and her getting attention.  I worked hard during the recent press coverage to be positive about developments as far as i honestly could.

It would be understandable of them to not want photos leaked until they're ready, as for many projects. If it wasn't for Louis and his perseverance, there would be no photos yet.

The owners and managers aren't drip feeding us anything. They've simply said they're not ready yet.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Bob C.

« Reply #29 on: Nov 17, 2017, 03:29 AM »
More more more!  Show us more!!!  Very exciting.