Author Topic: A QE2 Story Shop Exclusive! The Marc-Antoine Bombail QE2 Collection.  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Later this afternoon, TheQE2Story.com, in collaboration with Marc-Antoine Bombail, will make available a very limited stock of NEW copies of his wonderful QE2 books, and a couple of his postcards.  This represents Marc-Antoine's own last stock of these items.

These items were previously available exclusively on board QE2 and QM2, and are now unavailable, and out of print, and will not be reprinted so this is an amazing opportunity for our members.

(https://www.theqe2story.com/QE2Shop.php)

« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2014, 05:01 PM by Rob Lightbody »

Passionate about QE2 for 35 years.

Online Lynda Bradford

I could not resist the opportunity to get a copy of "A tribute to the QE2 and the Atlantic" which I had previously seen in the QE2 bookshop.

Thank-you for organising the sale of these books from this web site.   
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Chris Frame

They are all brilliant books, as is the Cunard Log Book. Superb!

Offline Kathy M.

I will have to forward the link to family members - some great potential Christmas gifts!  I do wish he would do a print of the new QE (sorry to bring up her name Rob!) so I could complete my collection!
Kathy

Online Lynda Bradford

I was impressed at such quick delivery of the "A tribute to the Atlantic" today and I am absolutely delighted with this beautifully illustrated book. 

I like the way that different people have written sections of the book, and particularly like the "Ocean" chapter written by Jean Michel Cousteau.  This section reminds you of the life beneath the open sea and is also a reminder of how delighted we all are if we have the opportunity to see a dolphin or any sea life. 

This little book is one which I will treasure and may even think about another one for a Christmas present. 
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
I can't promise to deliver the others as quickly as Lynda's.

Stocks are extremely strictly limited.  I think we're now at just 6 of the 'tribute' in English.

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
I've done what Kathy has done... forwarded the link with a strong hint!
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Prices Reduced

Following a successful trial this week posting a couple of books out to people, I've been able to work out lower prices for us.  £4 off each book.  Those who have already paid the old price, will be refunded the difference.

I personally think that for an out of print, unique beautiful book, new and unused, and previously only available on board, this is an absolutely fabulous deal.

Regards,

- Rob.

Offline Twynkle

Hello Everyone!
Just to endorse what others have posted on the Books about QE2 topic;
quite simply - both of these volumes are superb!
They are now rare - almost extinct.
Unavailable at cobwebs, ebay, amazon, abe books as well as alibris
they are treasures of QE2 which, like the ship herself, won't/can't be repeated.

Thanks to you Rob and Marc-Antoine,
hopefully there are some left for Christmas shoppers!
Rosie.

QE2 has been waiting alongside in Dubai for very nearly  whole years... she seriously needs to be earning her keep....

Offline Waverley

I also received my book "QE2 forever" by super fast delivery. Thanks Rob.  The book is just fab with beautiful photos.  I am really pleased that I have at last managed to purchase this book.  An opportunity not to be missed by all out there still to purchase.
Robert

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
"QE2 Forever" has now sold out. 

There are 4 copies of the "Tribute to QE2" book in English left, and 7 in German!

I hope everybody is enjoying their purchases, and I'm only sorry that there aren't more to sell. 

As I just wrote on the shop page - QE2 Forever has now sold out - forever!

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
...and I'll have to wait another 41 days before I find out whether one of those copies is going to end up in my hands!  It will seem like forever(!).

Rob - no hints please ( I'm guessing you know where everything from the shop has gone to! ); I'll either find a copy on the 25th December or I won't.
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

I have also got a set of six of the QE2 postcards -- three of the one and three of the other. All nicely watermarked "Ocean Bookshop on QE2".

It is great fun working out in my mind which of my friends will receive one of these tucked into their Christmas Card  ;D  !

A unique mini present never to be repeated...

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
There is precisely one copy of the english language version of the Tribute book left, quite a few German ones, and I'll shortly be posting prices up for the postcards.

2015 Archive - 2015 QE2 Story Calendar

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Archived Topics

Replies: 57
Views: 10415
Last post Jan 28, 2015, 04:51 PM
by Alan Snelson
2014 Archive - 2014 QE2 Story Calendars now available!

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Archived Topics

Replies: 42
Views: 9670
Last post Feb 01, 2014, 03:40 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
"A Sea Story" by a Forum member

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Books, Videos and DVDs about QE2

Replies: 2
Views: 1616
Last post Jul 30, 2016, 03:46 PM
by Alan Snelson
2012 Archive - QE2 Story 2012 calendars - Sold Out