Author Topic: Tall Ships Weekend - Greetings to all at the Gathering!  (Read 8800 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Greetings to all of you, now gathered in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, enjoying the lovely evening view of the Clyde and starting a wonderful week-end together  :D  !

Congratulations to those who made it happen, and good wishes to all who already arrived and those still travelling to get there.

May it be a splendid week-end -- and do tell us all about it.

Meanwhile, of course, we shall keep the Forum active!
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2011, 07:44 PM by Rob Lightbody »

Online cunardqueen

Re: Greetings to all at the Gathering!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2011, 10:14 PM »
Lets hope the updates are fast and frequent, and perhaps some photos as well  ;)
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2011, 12:56 AM »
So now, Myles, shall we make the Forum dance?  ;D

Let's have some fun here too, while the others are away!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Well we all had a lovely time last night, although I have a bit of a sore head this morning, because of beer + forgetting to have dinner...

Michael had some amazing ultra-rare exclusives, john had a case full of treasures, i had my dubai photos (hope i didnt bore everybody too much...), qe2 golf clubs were on show and for sale, and to top it all off, waverley was outside waiting for us to board this morning!

I don't have any photos of our gathering, but i did see some getting taken!

More later...
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2011, 07:24 PM »
A great night at the Crowne Plaza last night sharing stories, photographs, memorabilia and beer! Hope everyone had a super day at Greenock - we waved you off on the Waverley this morning - sorry we couldn't join the trip today. However, we're looking forward to our next 'meet', hopefully soon.

Offline QE2 whistle

« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Well we've just returned from a great day out at the Tall Ships, Greenock.  It was great to see some of the members again and to meet some new faces too.  The weather was great and we all enjoyed a lovely meal at the Tontine.  We then saw everybody off on the Waverley heading back to Glasgow.  Thanks to all for arranging a great day and can't wait till our next meet.  Here are a few pictures we managed to take.

Offline QE2 whistle

« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2011, 09:08 PM »
And a few more.

« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2011, 10:06 PM »
Thank you, John, Alan and Shona for keeping us updated! Looks like it was a wonderful occasion with excellent weather too, and that all who were there enjoyed themselves.

Thank you so much for the pictures -- they help to make us here feel a bit less lonely...

Rob sent the attached pic earlier in the day. A fabulous outing -- and past the Titan Crane too!

bobso

« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:39 AM »
Thanks to everyone who shared their photo's with us. Great to see the Waverly looking pristine. Hope you all have had a fantastic time, and my best wishes to all for a safe journey home.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Thank-you so much to everyone who attended the QE2 Story at the Tall Ships week-end and helped to make this such an enjoyable occasions.  

On Friday evening we kicked off the event at the Crowne Plaza where we had plenty to chat about and where lots of treasures were on the table for us to look at and this certainly generated lots of conversation.  

Cunarder Man made me so jealous of his First Day Cover collection.  I thought I had a good collection but now realize that I need to check out what is on ebay

There were a few sore heads on Saturday morning but these were soon cured by the time Waverley set sail and coffee and bacon rolls were on offer.  Words cannot describe the full experience of sailing down the Clyde on the Waverley but it is a memory to treasure.  
I will post some photos later as the Shrink Picture web site is not working.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2011, 06:44 PM by Lynda »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2011, 07:17 PM »
In Greenock we waved goodbye to the Waverley and a few members who had stayed onboard then made our way to the Tall Ships event at the James Watt Dock.  In the distance we could see the tall masts and the colourful flags blowing in the warm wind as we walked with the crowds of people going to the event. 

Many people took the opportunity to go onboard the ships.  Others just took the opportunity to savor the atmosphere and enjoyed exploring then had a beer or a cup of tea.  We were so lucky that we had blue skies all day.  What a bonus!  It was a lively and colourful event with a great atmosphere
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2011, 07:19 PM »
More photos taken on Saturday at the Tall Ships event. 

www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2011, 07:20 PM »
and more photos ...
www.qe2event.com

bobso

« Reply #13 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:55 PM »
Thanks Lynda for all those wonderful photo's. So glad you all had a great time. Am feeling a lot better just now--only hope it stays that way. Best wishes to all.

bobso

« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2011, 08:35 AM »
Thanks also Lynda for the pictures of "Rob"--  with friends--everyone seems to be enjoying themselves immensly.

QE2 Tall oval windows on the boat deck

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Features of the QE2

Replies: 11
Views: 3058
Last post Nov 18, 2017, 09:18 PM
by Peter Mugridge
QE2 and The Tall Ships

Started by TwynkleBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories

Replies: 16
Views: 9645
Last post Sep 19, 2010, 10:27 AM
by Spoonraker1