Author Topic: Scotlands People QE2 Photos  (Read 1606 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Scotlands People QE2 Photos
« on: May 21, 2022, 10:00 AM »
Scotlands People web site has a selection of many categories of photos.  Nine pictures from a search for QE2. 

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/image-library?combine=QE2&field_sub_category_tid%5B%5D=2033&combine_1=&field_year_from_value=&field_year_to_value=

Two photos show visitors to QE2 before she left Clydebank in 1968.  One of a dance group from the Philippines the other of Swedish visitors with the QE2 whisky.  It would be interesting to learn more about these visitors to QE2
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: Scotlands People QE2 Photos
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 12:26 PM »
Great photos, thanks for finding and sharing.

So many labelling errors on the photos that I lost track, which is a surprise for an "official" source like that.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Scotlands People QE2 Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 06:39 PM »
Great photos, thanks for finding and sharing.

So many labelling errors on the photos that I lost track, which is a surprise for an "official" source like that.

It is surprising, I can understand using the RMS as in the early days this was applied to the title. But QEII instead of QE2 and Theatre Bar instead of Lookout Bar, the person who provided the titles has been wrongly advised.  There is a contact option.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com