Author Topic: V&A Dundee Event 13 February (5 pm to 7 pm)  (Read 936 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

V&A Dundee Event 13 February (5 pm to 7 pm)
« on: Feb 02, 2019, 04:47 PM »
As mentioned in the January newsletter there is an event planned at the V&A Dundee on 13 February 5pm to 7 pm and the organisers are keen to invite people who worked on QE2 or who had a relative who worked on building the QE2.  It is planned that transport will be arranged from Glasgow and return. 

If you fit the criteria you should contact Melissa Clark the organiser of the event at oceanliners@postcodelottery.co.uk

The evening event (5pm-7pm) will centre around the Ocean Liners: Speed and Style exhibition and is being hosted by The People’s Postcode Lottery.  The charity has supported the museum, and to mark the end of this particular exhibition, wants to celebrate with some of the men and families who were involved in the building of the QE2.We will be inviting Brian Whittingham along to read from one of his books about the QE2 and a specially guided tour will be taking place.

Note: if you get an invite check the time as there is a different time on the invite as what was given in email communication. 
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2019, 04:56 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: V&A Dundee Event 13 February (5 pm to 7 pm)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:58 PM »
I am looking forward to attending the V&A Dundee Event tomorrow.  If any other forum members are attending please say hello. 

I will be wearing the QE2 Story badge and possibly one of my QE2 brooches as well. 

I will give you an update on Thursday  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: V&A Dundee Event 13 February (5 pm to 7 pm)
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Have a wonderful time, Lynda !  The event sounds wonderful !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !