Author Topic: Helen Brocklesby, QE2 Cabin Steward, penthouse butler & accom services admin  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Helen Brocklesby

I joined QE2 in October 1993 as a cabin steward, working my way up decks from 5 deck all the way up to Lower Penthouse Butler. In 2003 I became the Accommodation Services Administrator a position I held until the the ship reached Dubai in November 2008.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2014, 07:44 PM by Alan Snelson »
Helen Brocklesby
ASM Admin

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2013, 09:41 AM »
Hello Helen and welcome to the QE2 Story.  You worked onboard QE2 for a long time progressing your career through the ranks and must have lots of lovely memories that I hope you will share by posting on the Forum. 

You may want to have a look at our latest newsletter to see the latest Forum news
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,5656.0.html

Enjoy reading the Forum topics and if you need help with anything just contact one of the Moderator team. 
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2333.0.html
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2013, 11:11 AM »
I joined QE2 in October 1993 as a cabin steward, working my way up decks from 5 deck all the way up to Lower Penthouse Butler. In 2003 I became the Accommodation Services Administrator a position I held until the the ship reached Dubai in November 2008.

Hi Helen and a very warm welcome to the forum! We must have lots of members who remember you, and vice versa.
How did you feel at the end of the final voyage after 15 years! It must have been very emotional. What did you go on to do afterwards?
Would very much enjoy hearing some of your stories of sad/happy/funny/memorable highlights from your time aboard!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Hi Helen

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find many topics here to catch your interest and I hope you enjoy finding your way around.

You certainly were on board through a lot of changes in many areas of the ship from crew to engines and new owners, they must have been some interesting times and it would be great to hear some of your memories.

Welcome aboard.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Hello! My name is Helen - and I was at the launch of the QE2

Started by Helen AikenBoard Passengers & Enthusiasts Introductions

Replies: 7
Views: 3267
Last post Oct 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
by Richard Dumnick