Author Topic: My Med cruise (20th July 2009)  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Waverley

My Med cruise (20th July 2009)
« on: May 15, 2009, 02:20 PM »
I am extremely pleased to find this and share it with you all. As many of you know I left my camera onboard and it was never recovered and I lost all 500 photographs for ever. Just by chance I found this website of photographs of my cruise to the Med on the 20th July last year. I had taken a really beautiful shot of the QE2 in the bay at Propriano (maiden call) and you will find a few here on pages 4 and 5.  I met the German couple in the photos and he had taken about 6000 photos.  Have a look.

Oh Matt you will find a couple with pineapples on page 11

Link no longer active
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2024, 07:00 PM by Lynda Bradford »
Robert

Offline Malcolm

Re: My cruise
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Robert - Thank you for the link :) The pictures are great. (When I look at http://videoboss.smugmug.com/gallery/5607077_p9Drm#349010616_F3oe2 though there's no mistaking who the Captain was! ;D

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:09 PM »
You just reminded me of my near loss of my Sony mini DVD camcorder while onboard.  I had given it to my 10 year old son to document our final arrival to Greenock and he did a beautiful job, filling up 2 mini DVD's with video and pics.  Unfortunately, after we were tied up, we walked to the stern of the ship and he put the camera down to get some water that was available on a table set up for the festivities.  He never picked it up.  :o When I finally realized he did not have the camera on our way back down to the cabin, panic set in.  We ran back up to the deck and everything had been cleaned up.  I then decided to report it missing at the Pursars Office or see if someone found it.  Thankfully it was there!  i can tell you if I had been on a Costa or Carnival ship, it would have been long gone.  My son was very relieved and I did not have to kill him.  ;)
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Great photos!

Great photo of Bea, of Maxiim Gorky (sad that she's gone now...) and also an interesting one of the passenger lift getting used as a crew lift - I am SURE this didn't happen in her heydey and is a recent thing - perhaps someone can confirm (might need its own topic!).  Possibly crew lifts were out of action towards the end and not worth getting fixed because the passengers wouldn't see them?  I don't know...

Lisbon was wonderful.

I also mislaid my entire camera bag on our cruise, full of camera, lenses, memory cards and precious photos etc - it turned up at the pursers desk almost immediately - I was SOoooo relieved!

Don't know if its posted elsewhere but that link of yours led me here with great photos of QE2 in 1983 grey hull colour
Note:  - sorry link to  videoboss.smugmug.com Cunard photos is not working
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2021, 09:37 PM by Lynda Bradford »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: My Med cruise (20th July 2009)
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2021, 09:39 PM »
I am extremely pleased to find this and share it with you all. As many of you know I left my camera onboard and it was never recovered and I lost all 500 photographs for ever. Just by chance I found this website of photographs of my cruise to the Med on the 20th July last year. I had taken a really beautiful shot of the QE2 in the bay at Propriano (maiden call) and you will find a few here on pages 4 and 5.  I met the German couple in the photos and he had taken about 6000 photos.  Have a look.

Oh Matt you will find a couple with pineapples on page 11

http://videoboss.smugmug.com/gallery/5607077_p9Drm#348966162_489Tj

The importance of photos - they keep the memory alive!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
Re: My Med cruise (20th July 2008!)
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2021, 09:47 PM »
This was also our last trip on QE2, looking at the Smugmug link in the first post with Tee Adam's photos (he is very active in the QE2 and shipping groups on Facebook) we were at times standing next to each other as some of my photos are practically identical - specifically the photos from Civitavecchia! Quite a bit of my Dad's video footage from this voyage is very similar or of the same subject (not just QE2) too! Small world yet again!! Wonderful!! As Tee says in one of his photo descriptions we passed a lot of other shipping traffic on this trip as we were in the "fast lane" so to speak of the traffic separation schemes and sea routes and passed the other ships at a noticeable rate despite not going "pedal to the metal" for QE2! Those were the days.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2021, 09:55 PM by Thomas Hypher »
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Captain C Rynd (18 July 2005)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 3386
Last post Jul 31, 2013, 09:58 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Cruise line drops overnight stays in Istanbul

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 0
Views: 1016
Last post Sep 10, 2015, 10:34 AM
by Lynda Bradford