Author Topic: 2013 Archive - QE2 memorabilia - July Photo Competition Instructions  (Read 3942 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

This Month's Theme

"Cunarder Man", the joint winner of the January Photo competition, has chosen the theme "QE2 Memorabilia" for the July Photo Competition.

We are sure that there are lots of photos just ready to be uploaded, as this is a topic that had a lot of discussion on the Forum.  You may want to have a look at the QE2 Memorabilia topic board to jog your memory and to help you decide which of your photos to submit to the competition.  Click here for Memorobilia Discussion

The album is open so now is the time to look for your QE2 memorabilia pictures.  You can enter up to three photos.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 July 2012.  Voting will run from 1 August 2012 until 31 August 2012. 

This Month's Prize.

The prize for the lucky winner is a copy of the Southampton Daily Echo glossy souvenir supplement "QE2 A Celebration of 40 years Service" -  donated by Cunard. 

Click here for more details

Here is a reminder of the instructions to enter the competition.

Follow the simple directions below to upload your photo:

Have a look at this topic board on how to use the gallery for some useful information about uploading photos:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2936

1.   Select the photos you would like to submit (a limit of 3 per month)

2.   Click on the Gallery button from the Forum or click on this link:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/index.php?cat=19

3.   Click on “Upload File” select “Photo of the Month” album for the current month and upload file by clicking on “browse.”

4.   Remember to add details of when and where the photo was taken.

Remember if you have any difficulty uploading photos to the Gallery please contact one of the Moderator Team as we would be only too willing to help you or to upload the photos for you. 

Voting:

Each month you will vote for your favorite photos from the previous month. Currently members are voting for the May Photo of the Month entries. Have a look at these fabulous photos and vote before 30 June 2012. 

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4367.0.html

From 1 July 2012 the voting starts for the June Photo of the month so look out for details. 

Thank you and good luck!
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2012, 07:42 PM by Lynda »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: QE2 memorabilia - July Photo Competition Instructions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2012, 06:50 PM »
This is a great topic, Lynda and Cunarder Man!

The first of our calendar topics which allows us to take new photos, as we still have those memorabilia and can exercise our photographic talents on them right now.

Well chosen :) .

Looking forward to the fun of browsing old pictures and taking new ones, and of enjoying other people's memorabilia.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2012, 11:06 PM »
Sorry that I have not had time to takes some photos of my memorabilia but I need to upload some photos before the week-end.   :(

If you have not uploaded your photos yet there is still time to do so.  Remember the wonder prize that we is on offer for the winner of this competition.   
 ;D

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4480.0.html
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2012, 09:11 PM »
At first, I thought I did not have any QE2 memorabilia... but once this theme had caught my imagination, there were of course a wide variety to choose from.

That QE2 mug I use every day, that QE2 rucksack that always travels with me, that QE2 T-shirt I like to wear -- and all those books, menus, postcards, and Daily Programmes!

So far, we have 14 photographs, the lowest number we have ever had in a competition -- and yet, it must be one of the easier themes! Most of us probably have the QE2Story calendar in a picturesque place in our homes -- or we wear the QE2Story badge on special occasions -- and much more -- the possibilities must be endless  :D .

Voting is so much more fun if we have sufficient pictures to choose from  ;) .

Offline Barrie Evans

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2012, 09:56 PM »
At first, I thought I did not have any QE2 memorabilia... but once this theme had caught my imagination, there were of course a wide variety to choose from.

That QE2 mug I use every day, that QE2 rucksack that always travels with me, that QE2 T-shirt I like to wear -- and all those books, menus, postcards, and Daily Programmes!

So far, we have 14 photographs, the lowest number we have ever had in a competition -- and yet, it must be one of the easier themes! Most of us probably have the QE2Story calendar in a picturesque place in our homes -- or we wear the QE2Story badge on special occasions -- and much more -- the possibilities must be endless  :D .

Voting is so much more fun if we have sufficient pictures to choose from  ;) .
Hi Isabelle, thanks for reminding us about the July competition. Like most people , i personally have had so much going on at the moment,and had not realised that ive not entered any photo's yet. So thanks for the reminder, and lets hope that you  get more people taking part.
Barrie

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2012, 10:11 PM »
The deadline for uploading your photos is 31 July - what a wonderful opportunity to share photos of your QE2 memorabilia.
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2012, 07:30 PM »
I am currently working on preparing the poll for the QE2 memorabilia photo competition but you still have time to upload photos to be included in a chance to win this month's prize. 

To my horror I found that I have not taken any photos of my QE2 memorabilia but I did take a couple of photos yesterday evening so that I could take part.   ;D
www.qe2event.com

QUEEN ELIZABETH MAY 15th to MAY 19th 2013

Started by lahrdecoBoard Past Events

Replies: 0
Views: 2115
Last post Jan 21, 2013, 08:43 PM
by lahrdeco
Saga Ruby - World Cruise 2013

Started by TwynkleBoard Saga Ruby

Replies: 30
Views: 10926
Last post Mar 04, 2013, 05:35 PM