Author Topic: April 2023 : Admiration  (Read 587 times)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

April 2023 : Admiration
« on: Apr 09, 2023, 10:55 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Admiration", chosen by Lynda Bradford.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, from within the ship, on deck or from shoreside. Photos must show at least a sliver of QE2. The theme is open to your own interpretation. Does it show people admiring the ship? Does it show a feature or a technical quality or a crew member that / whom you particularly admired? It is your own interpretation of "admiration" that counts.

There are quite a few suitable photos already in the QE2 Story Gallery -- if you would like to use one of those for the competition, just let the Moderators know, and we can enter them for you, without removing them from their original albums.

Your description should if possible give some information about the location of the ship when the photo was taken, and the year.

Photos entered should be your own, or if not, please post them with permission of the photographer, mentioning the name for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

Enjoy the search! It is bound to bring many happy memories :) .

The prize this month is the large book "Queen Elizabeth 2 A Voyage of Discovery" by Carol Thatcher, donated by me. This is currently selling used by Amazon at this link for between GBP 22 and GBP 176.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Admiration.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems or would like us to move a photo from the Gallery into the competition, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com.

If it helps, you could email the photos to the above address, and we shall gladly upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 30 April 2023. Voting will run from 1 May 2023 until 1 June 2023, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the closing date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the sixth month of photos for the 2024 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 04:23 PM by Lynda Bradford »

Re: April 2023 : Admiration
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2023, 11:00 PM »
Apologies for writing the call for entries so late this month!

But you still have 20 days to find suitable photos -- and with this very special prize on offer (although I say so myself...) it may be well worth your while digging out suitable photos to enter. The theme is wide open, it all depends on your interpretation of the word "admiration", so it should not be too stressful to find pictures to enter (and to admire!).

Enjoy the search!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2023, 09:36 AM »
Apologies for writing the call for entries so late this month!

But you still have 20 days to find suitable photos -- and with this very special prize on offer (although I say so myself...) it may be well worth your while digging out suitable photos to enter. The theme is wide open, it all depends on your interpretation of the word "admiration", so it should not be too stressful to find pictures to enter (and to admire!).

Enjoy the search!

What a fabulous prize for this month's competition, I am looking forward to seeing the interpretation of the theme.  With 20 days left to upload entries, best to start looking for that winning photo. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2023, 08:00 PM »
A slow start to this topic, but perhaps some of the photos now uploaded might give a hint as to how many aspects the word "admiration" can bring up.

Have a go at bringing in your photos. My feeling is that any photo of QE2 will arouse admiration! It is your own interpretation of the word that counts :) .

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=292

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2023, 09:59 AM »
Twenty photos added to the competition album.

As Isabelle has mentioned it is down to your interpretation of admiration for QE2.  She was admired from afar and within. 

Have a go at bringing in your photos. My feeling is that any photo of QE2 will arouse admiration! It is your own interpretation of the word that counts :) .

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=292
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Newsletter April 2015

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 4
Views: 2648
Last post Apr 27, 2015, 11:38 PM
by Brandon Sterkel
QE2 Hotel Close Down April 2021

Started by Louis De SousaBoard Archived Topics (QE2 Hotel)

Replies: 0
Views: 353
Last post Apr 25, 2021, 07:57 PM
by Louis De Sousa
March / April 2022 : The elegance of QE2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (2023 Calendar)

Replies: 14
Views: 1864
Last post Apr 29, 2022, 05:21 PM
by Lynda Bradford
April Photo Competition Poll - QE2 and Concord(e)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 11
Views: 2880
Last post May 30, 2016, 02:48 PM
by June Ingram
QE2 Dubai - April 2022 update

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard QE2 Hotel Dubai (2018 onwards)

Replies: 9
Views: 662
Last post Apr 21, 2022, 07:53 AM
by Thomas Hypher