Author Topic: FINAL INVENTORY REPORT SURVEY OF ORIGINAL FINE AND DECORATIVE ARTS ON THE ROYAL  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Stowaway2k

Possibly the most important work carried out on the Queen Mary in decades.
A comprehensive report that is years overdue.
I found the "Conclusions and Recommendations" to be critical advise to those who hold the future of the Queen Mary.

The large PDF file can be found at this link.

http://cinemafan2.livejournal.com/14483.html

Online Lynda Bradford

A very interesting and important document and to see the scale of the many original features still onboard is heartening. 

Reading this document following on from seeing  the Queen Mary suite photos that Cunardqueen has recently posted brings into context the importance of this living, working museum. 

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,2979.0.html

I have not had time to read in full but have saved to do so later.

Thanks for posting.  :)

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

Theres a heck of a load of stuff to get through.. :o And thanks for posting

Its all very interesting !!!
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
WOW!!

So good to see this for all sorts of reasons.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Jeff Taylor

Given the mindset of the City of Long Beach, it's probably lucky that as much survived as did.  As has been posted before, they had all this oil money and needed to spend it on a marine museum, and the QM was more of a convenient cheap building to put it in in their minds than an attraction in and of herself.  Of course history has proven the incredible draw of the Mary, while the marine museum has long since faded into oblivion.  In retrospect, it would have been better had they done less demolition and more preservation, not to mention retaining the fittings that have been sold on over the years.  Still, let's rejoyce in what we have.

Online cunardqueen

Still, let's rejoyce in what we have. 
HERE HERE !!!!! ;D ;D

While everyone can lament about what isnt there or what should be where, or what damage has been done etc, we should be grateful that she is still there,and the Grand old Queen Mary has spent more time in Long Beach that she did at sea.That alone is worth something.Her owners perhaps do need guidance in some areas but beneath her decks are still untold treasures which do need to be on display.

I never really knew much about her till my first visit in 2009 and have already racked up a week onboard. There is still a skip of the heart when you see her from a distance, there is still the untold joy of walking onboard to spend time in a cabin that is steeped in history. Call me a sentimental old fool but she does grab hold of you as only a true Queen can. These new things dont quite have the same effect.

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

QE2 Final Westbound

Started by Vero 45Board Passengers & Enthusiasts Introductions

Replies: 34
Views: 14367
Last post Oct 12, 2015, 05:41 PM
by cunardqueen
My final trip

Started by RodBoard Officers, Crew & Worker memories

Replies: 3
Views: 1882
Last post Aug 19, 2011, 07:17 AM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
Final call to Sydney (2008)

Started by ChrisBoard Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 53
Views: 19172
Last post Feb 27, 2022, 06:29 PM
by June Ingram
QE2 final eastbound Atlantic crossing

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 6
Views: 3545
Last post Feb 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
by Twynkle
Pete Cain's final cruise on Saga Ruby (August / September 2013)

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Saga Ruby

Replies: 111
Views: 44376
Last post Aug 09, 2017, 11:31 PM
by Andy Holloway