Author Topic: May 2022 : QE2's artefacts (artwork, models, memorabilia and displays)  (Read 487 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

The theme for this month's photo competition is "QE2's artefacts (artwork, models, memorabilia and displays)", chosen by Cunarder Man.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life. Each photo should include one or more such artworks or artefacts, either from close-up or within a slightly wider context. The items may be firmly attached, or movable within the ship.

Lots of possibilities come to mind -- we all have different ideas as to what constitutes an artwork or artefact!

Enjoy the search!

The prize this month is the book "The Saga Sisters" by Clive Harvey and Roger Cartwright, donated by Isabelle Prondzynski.

How to enter

We realise from the recent survey that many members have never yet entered photos for the competition, but have plenty of suitable images that could be enjoyed by us all. We want to make it as easy for you as possible, so we suggest that you could just email the pictures to admin@theqe2story.com and we can upload them to the Gallery for you.

You could also have a look at these instructions, and have a go at uploading the pictures yourselves in the photo competition album. Once you have done it once, you will find it easy the next time!

The deadline for submitting photos will be 31 May 2022. Voting will run from 1 June 2022 until 1 July 2022, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

Maybe your picture will figure in next year's calendar!

Enjoy yourselves! And please do not hesitate to ask for help in uploading the pictures  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2022, 09:50 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks Isabelle, for posting the information for this month's Photo Competition.  Lots of options to think about while we look for suitable photos. 

The Saga Sisters book is a good prize for the winner, I love the photo on the cover of the ship in the background and the penguins on the shore, who just happen to be the same colour as the ship.   :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

I have uploaded my three pictures to the competition, but they are looking a bit lonely waiting for you to upload your three photos for this month's theme. 

Isabelle added this information to help you choose your pictures:

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life. Each photo should include one or more such artworks or artefacts, either from close-up or within a slightly wider context. The items may be firmly attached, or movable within the ship.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

I have now added mine. Two of these concern design details, which in the case of QE2 can also be seen as artwork -- or so I think!

Online Lynda Bradford

I have now added mine. Two of these concern design details, which in the case of QE2 can also be seen as artwork -- or so I think!

Good photos of design elements! :)

www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
In the case of QE2, design details definitely qualify as art work !
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
I have entered mine.  Some great photos there already!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

Twelve excellent  photos uploaded so far, perhaps we could have another twelve before the end of the week!

Do you have photos that fit the theme you would like to add but are not sure how to upload to the gallery album?

Have a look at this helpful guidance:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=2936.msg31427#msg31427

and if you still need help contact admin@theqe2story.com

www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Have you entered your three favorite photos yet ? Please do !

Need help ? Contact us at admin@theqe2story.com

Nice to see the mix of artefacts being entered. We are getting a great view into the artwork, models, memorabilia and displays on board -- we could almost arrange a heritage trail with the items in this collection.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=274

More are welcome -- let us make it a real tour of QE2. Did anyone take a photo of the pictures in the cabins? Would they count as artworks?  ;)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
There is still time to submit your three favorite photos highlighting QE2 features ! Almost anything QE2 is artistic !

'Missing' Artwork and Heritage Items

Started by Michael GallagherBoard QE2 Hotel Dubai (2018 onwards)

Replies: 14
Views: 647
Last post Sep 29, 2018, 08:16 PM
by Thomas Hypher
Poll for the May 2021 Photo Competition - Drills (2022 Calendar)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (2022 Calendar)

Replies: 13
Views: 489
Last post Jun 30, 2021, 09:00 PM
by June Ingram
Models of QE2

Started by WaverleyBoard QE2 Models and Paintings

Replies: 272
Views: 144049
Last post Jul 13, 2020, 05:03 AM
by Chris Frame
For Sale : 2022 QE2 Story Calendars

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (2022 Calendar)

Replies: 12
Views: 1108
Last post Jan 03, 2022, 06:36 PM
by Joann Scott
February 2022 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 173
Last post Mar 02, 2022, 10:25 AM
by Lynda Bradford