Author Topic: September 2021 : My most treasured QE2 photos  (Read 205 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

September 2021 : My most treasured QE2 photos
« on: Sep 05, 2021, 09:02 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "My most treasured QE2 photos", chosen by the Moderating Team to celebrate ten years of the QE2 Story photo competitions!

These will be very special photos, full of memories and with a special place in our lives -- we look forward to reading the stories behind some of these pictures.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, within the ship or from shoreside. Each photo should show at least a sliver of QE2, and the description should if possible give some information about the location and the time of year.

Enjoy the search!

The prize this month is the very special photo book containing the prizewinning photos of the past ten years, created and donated by Lynda Bradford. Have a preview of this fabulous book here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=9767.0

Should the prize be won by someone who already owns a copy of the book, an alternative prize will be given.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most cherished pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Photos entered must be your own, or if not, please mention the name of the photographer for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

This link will take you straight there : My most treasured QE2 photos.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 30 September 2021. Voting will run from 1 October 2021 until 1 November 2021, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the last month of photos for the 2022 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2021, 02:06 AM by June Ingram »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: September 2021 : My most treasured QE2 photos
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2021, 09:32 AM »
I wonder who will be the first to enter their "most treasured QE2 photos" in the album.  I need to take some time to give this theme some thought, so many pictures but which ones are my most treasured.

Remember you can add photos that you had added to a previous competition. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2021, 06:55 PM »
I have uploaded my three treasured photos, from different decades, one from 1967, when I was first introduced to QE2, one from 1997, the first time I sailed on the ship, and one from the 2000's, a memorable view of the ship from a tender.  So many photos with memories that it is difficult to choose.

September is the month of QE2's launch, which makes it even more important that we encourage as many people as possible to enter their treasured photos.  Even one or two pictures. 

There is a post from Isabelle on this topic about scanning treasured photos in photo albums, without disturbing the pictures. 
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=8988.msg116477#msg116477 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2021, 11:00 AM »
Slow start to competition entries, which can only mean one thing - everyone has so many treasured QE2 photos that they are finding it difficult to choose only three.   :)

Looking forward to seeing lots of people supporting this month's competition.

www.qe2event.com

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2021, 10:22 PM »
Mine were easy to select -- I knew right from the start which they would be, although I could have added a fourth...

Memories of the ship and my family combined. It was the combination that gave the greatest joy!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2021, 06:36 PM »
A wonderful collection is building up. It will be a real joy to look at these again and again, even after the competition is long decided...

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=263

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2021, 12:17 PM »
32 photos entered for this month's competition so far and we are only half way through the month.  As next week we celebrate 54 years since the launch of QE2 at Clydebank, we need your help to get at least 54 photos entered by the end of the month. 

A big ask, I know but there are so many treasured photos in albums that deserve to take a bow!

....and remember the winner will be offered the special prize -  the photo book of ten years of photo competition winners

www.qe2event.com

QE2 features on ITV programme Celebrity Home Secrets 26 September 2016

Started by RobboBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 758
Last post Sep 28, 2016, 08:51 PM
by Robbo
50 years ago this evening: Monday 18 September 1967

Started by Michael GallagherBoard Design, Concept & Build

Replies: 1
Views: 1469
Last post Sep 18, 2017, 05:48 PM
by Lynda Bradford
BBC video “on this day 20 September 1967 - QE2 takes to the waves”

Started by TwynkleBoard QE2 build film footage/videos

Replies: 0
Views: 1273
Last post Feb 03, 2010, 11:42 PM
by Twynkle
September 2017 -- Ropes

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 7
Views: 1081
Last post Sep 29, 2017, 12:47 PM
by Twynkle
September 2017 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 2
Views: 828
Last post Oct 16, 2017, 07:16 PM
by pete cain