Author Topic: May 2021 : Drills  (Read 741 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

May 2021 : Drills
« on: May 02, 2021, 09:25 PM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is "Drills", chosen by Cunarder Man, the winner of the January 2021 competition.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, within the ship or from shoreside. Each photo should show at least a sliver of QE2 and some drills going on. These could be crew drills, lifeboat drills or any other QE2 drills which we observed and photographed.

Enjoy the search!

The prize this month is the book C6 by Dr Nigel Roberts, from Commodore Warwick's Private Library ( a label in the inside page verifies).

The author and book are mentioned here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=1553.msg18637#msg18637

Alternatively, depending on circumstances due to Covid-19 restrictions, June Ingram may be able to offer a jigsaw of the prizewinning photograph.

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

Photos entered must be your own, or if not, please mention the name of the photographer for copyright reasons, and so that the owner can win the prize!

This link will take you straight there : Drills.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 May 2021. Voting will run from 1 June 2021 until 1 July 2021, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this competition. 

This is the eighth month of photos for the 2022 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:20 AM by Rob Lightbody »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: May 2021 : Drills
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Did you have your camera to the ready to snap QE2 Drills.  An interesting topic with potential for some never seen before pictures.  Time to get those photo albums out and look for up to three of your best photos that fit this month's theme. 

Good Luck!  :)

The theme for this month's photo competition is "Drills", chosen by Cunarder Man, the winner of the January 2021 competition.

Photos should be taken during QE2's service life, within the ship or from shoreside. Each photo should show at least a sliver of QE2 and some drills going on. These could be crew drills, lifeboat drills or any other QE2 drills which we observed and photographed.

Enjoy the search!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 08:36 PM »
6 photos in the album so far.

There must be others about... surely? There is one week left this month, it would be great if you could find and upload them :) .

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 09:00 AM »
I'm afraid i'm devoid of photos for this month!

I could have sworn I took photos of crew drills going on on the bow, but I looked and can't find them now.  And I never took any of the passenger crew drills (I only took part in 2).
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 09:53 AM »
I'm struggling too as I never took my camera with me to the drills.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 10:19 AM »
I'm struggling too as I never took my camera with me to the drills.

Likewise, I have checked my QE2 folders and have not found any photos of drills. Newsletter due to be sent today, so here's hoping there are members who do not regularly visit the forum, who have photos to add to the competition.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 07:48 PM »
Please make it a little bit harder for us to win this month! Only eight pictures entered so far, there must be plenty more in your archives. Please check and give us a bit of competition!   :-\

Two days left, looking forward to what you can come up with!

July 2021 : Colour white

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 3
Views: 573
Last post Jul 15, 2021, 10:37 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Review of stay on board QE2 Dubai, August 2021

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard QE2 Hotel Dubai (2018 onwards)

Replies: 40
Views: 1021
Last post Nov 01, 2021, 11:59 AM
by Rod
Queen Elizabeth return to service -2021

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard The Cruise Queens (QV, QE & QA)

Replies: 0
Views: 648
Last post Aug 09, 2021, 02:30 PM
by Rob Lightbody
Emergency Drills onboard 90-98

Started by Louis De SousaBoard Officers & Crew Areas

Replies: 4
Views: 3228
Last post Jan 23, 2012, 10:27 PM
by Louis De Sousa
September 2021: Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters