Author Topic: The Shipyard Trust  (Read 74 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

The Shipyard Trust
« on: Apr 01, 2021, 10:27 AM »
The Ship Yard Trust is looking to work to formulate a strategy that permanently acknowledges the industrial heritage of the River Clyde. 

The aim of this project is to have a location on the Clyde where the history of shipyard and engineering achievements can be communicated. 

The great industrial achievements of the River Clyde in engineering and shipbuilding are widely known not just in the United Kingdom, but around the world. Despite this, there is no single location on the Clyde where this world-class story can be told.
‚Äč

Link to The Shipyard Trust web page where you can find more information.

How you can help:

Join The Shipyard Trust's mailing list to be kept informed of progress
Register as a Friend of The Shipyard Trust
Donate
Give feedback to help form a strategy

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: The Shipyard Trust
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2021, 01:47 PM »
Sounds good, and about time!  Well done on them for at least trying to get something off the ground

Shocking that there's currently nothing at all on the Clyde to commemorate what the river achieved. 
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2021, 05:15 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: The Shipyard Trust
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2021, 08:18 PM »
Sounds good, and about time!  Well done on them for at least trying to get something off the ground

Shocking that there's currently nothing at all on the Clyde to commemorate what the river achieved. 

I agree Rob, the River Clyde built so many famous ships and it is unbelievable that there is not a museum that celebrates the achievements of Clydeside industries. 

To get this project off the ground it will be necessary for people to respond by donating or sending an email response supporting this project to:

contact@theshipyard.scot

If people do not respond it could be thought to be an indication that there is no interest in the project.  So please take time to have a look at the website and if you can send a response I am sure it will be appreciated. 

Link to The Shipyard Trust web page where you can find more information.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Shipyard Stories

Started by Cruise_PrincessBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 3
Views: 1576
Last post Jan 10, 2013, 09:58 PM
by Lynda Bradford
Last independent Clyde shipyard goes bust

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 13
Views: 3592
Last post Aug 31, 2015, 01:06 PM
by Clydebuilt1971
John Browns shipyard - then & now

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 3
Views: 1948
Last post Oct 26, 2013, 06:17 PM
by Lynda Bradford
Shipyard Numbers allocated to ships

Started by Thomas HypherBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 7
Views: 148
Last post Nov 15, 2020, 10:27 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Shipyard leader Jimmy Reid dies

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Misc QE2 Archive