Author Topic: Has anyone else heard from them?  (Read 269 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Has anyone else heard from them?
« on: Dec 06, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I know they've had to lay lots of people off, and are basically hanging on to survive just now, however I am still surprised to have not heard from them in months, if not years, now that I think about it. 

I just logged into their website to check - and yes I still have the box ticked to hear from them.

As a youngish past customer, I'd have thought I'd be a key target from a marketing point of view.

The other thing I find odd is the prices.  Just been having a look at a few things that might be of interest but it all seems very expensive indeed.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
Re: Has anyone else heard from them?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2020, 06:25 PM »
My Dad and his partner have received marketing material in recent months, they do have a booking for September 2021 if that's a factor in who gets sent offers etc? I haven't received anything as a world club member for example. Cunard do seem to have neglected world club members a bit in recent years with regards to the online "portal" side of world club which I'm not sure even exists anymore?
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2, in her new life, in Dubai back in January 2020.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2020, 06:31 PM »
Even though we are diamond members of the World Club, we have heard nothing from Cunard since 2008. Maybe because we always booked through a travel agency, and maybe because we do not live in the UK or US... but of course, had we wanted to book, we could have taken the initiative ourselves.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2020, 06:59 PM »
I have had marketing materials, with information on cruising in 2021 and 2022
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2020, 10:55 PM »
Nothing here since a long long time ago.They never did send the Year books, nor yet a World Club magazine, that stopped about 2008.
But heck im only a Diamond Club Member.
I do however hear from ROL  who are forever bombarding you with various mail shots, not necessarily Cunard .In fact now l think about it nothing in several years from Sovereign Cruise club who l booked latterly with.

I always enjoyed the Cunard Club under Anne Bright, she took an active interest in her family and her newsletters were informative. The World Club was nothing more than a glorified brochure with a few bits of news.

Why they don't just sent out a couple of newsy emails , that would be a start.       
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2020, 11:30 PM »
My Dad gets the Cunard marketing despite booking through Sovereign I think (along with Sovereign's own marketing)...my parents having found booking directly with Cunard rather too pricey some years ago!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2, in her new life, in Dubai back in January 2020.

Offline Anubhav Mitra

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2020, 11:10 AM »
The last email from them was sent to me in the month of June and said the following
"Hello Anubhav,

I am reaching out to you to see how you and your family are doing during this challenging time. Cunard would like you to know that we care about our guests health and wellbeing, and to let you know we are here for you as your Cunard Family.  If you have any feedback or anything we can assist you with we are all here to help.

Please feel free to either give me a call at 1800 468-7752 Ext. 41663 or send me an email.  Until then please stay well, safe, and strong and I look forward to us speaking soon.

Warm Regards,

Susan"
But strangely they are sending marketing content regularly to new members.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Anubhav, unless you personally know this lady Susan, who does not reveal her surname, this is quite an extraordinary message.

Did you give her the list of all the various little things you thought she could assist you with? ;)

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2020, 05:38 PM »
  Anubhav, unless you personally know this lady Susan, who does not reveal her surname, this is quite an extraordinary message.

So was the reply from HQ when they trotted out this line  " Im sorry if this isn't the reply you expected "
I didn't know if l should laugh or cry , But it's a good phrase to use when dealing with customers when you really want to say simply NO. 

But strangely they are sending marketing content regularly to new members. 
There was a stage when a lot of us regular passengers on a private forum really were convinced they were favouring the newbies as opposed to the old brigade. But of course, there is no proof of such things.

Quite often you would wonder if shoreside and onboard were singing from the same book.     
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline pete cain

« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2020, 07:36 PM »
Never had communication from Cunard (marketing) inspite of always booking through them & not a travel agent, however I've got to say that apart from never ever forgiving Cunard (the Corporate) from doing what they did to QE2, I havn't got a single complaint--- in fact plaudits to the sales staff on a few occasions when we had to cancel for illness reasons, always a welcome , understanding phonecall, resulting in either a refund of deposit , or, credit to future cruises. That's why we go back. Would be nice to recive a brochure though, but, fully understand their problems,,

Offline Rodney Fuller

« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2020, 09:25 AM »
I received a booklet last week showing 2022 itineraries.  This is the first marketing I have received from Cunard for a long time.  I last sailed on QM2 in October 2018, having first sailed on the QE2 in 1983.  My partner and I were booked on QM2 transatlantic from New York in September this year, but alas covid prevented this. 

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:09 AM »
I wonder what I did to get blocked by them!

I last sailed in summer 2018, and haven't heard a peep from them since!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Alex Tarry

« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2020, 12:11 PM »
Well, my wife and I achieved Diamond status with Cunard in our 30s, as Rob says, a good bit earlier than their average...

Having spend a career in marketing I would have thought we'd have been somewhere on their radar for promotions, launches, availability and general marketing...nope, we never hear from them!

More recently we have been more loyal to RCI, reaching their top tier too, they are massively more switched on, both marketing wise and with their on board product.  We have also tried NCL who even managed to get us to book a cruise about a month ago, by ringing us up with some amazing deals...

We have tried talking to Cunard about this, but it's as if we are speaking a different language...

Offline QE2forever

• Advisor to TQS
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • Getting there was all the fun...
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2020, 05:17 PM »
Receiving occasional e-mailings from the Swiss agent, the most recent one on 18th November about 2022 sailings.

Used to be real top class when Cunard Hamburg were responsible for the marketing to Swiss customers, but it has become a pain in the back since the mid-2000s when taken over by Interconnect AG in Zurich.

Sub-standard website, badly translated brochures, non-existent Cunard World Club, inflexible customer support in case of a problem, no care for your member status or loyalty to the company.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2020, 08:06 PM »
I get fairly frequent promotional e-mails and an occasional glossy promotional booklet and have no idea why, because my most recent cruises have been on Princess, HAL, and MSC.
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !