Author Topic: The Cunard Story Exhibition aboard RMS Queen Mary  (Read 415 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

The Cunard Story Exhibition aboard RMS Queen Mary
« on: Nov 16, 2020, 07:26 PM »
Kevin M Anthoney has written to us with details (see below) of an article he wrote for the PowerShips magazine about the Cunard Story exhibition on RMS Queen Mary.  He has also provided a link to where non members can purchase the magazine.  I have seen a preview of the article, which I enjoyed reading and the photos bring the story to life. 

"I am very honored that my article on the RMS Queen Mary's new The Cunard Story exhibit is now out in the current (Fall 2020) issue of PowerShips. In addition to a lot of color photos of the new exhibit, the article also goes into detail talking about the ship's little-known Jewish Synagogue that was built during construction and existed up until the ship arrived in Long Beach, California as a floating hotel and tourist attraction in the later 1960's/early 1970's. Also discussed is a story of how the ship played a major role in bringing immigrants to the United States, as well a moving story of how a brave ship's Captain put his job and reputation on the line to help a Jewish family flee from Nazi Germany for their purchased passage on the Mary to a new life in America. The quarterly publication is distributed to paid members of the Steamship Historical Society of America. However, non-members can obtain copies of the publication for US$12.50 by going to": https://www.sshsa.org/ship_store/powerships_steamboat.html
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Cunard cargo ships

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Cunard

Replies: 33
Views: 8413
Last post Feb 18, 2018, 11:27 AM
by CAP
My Romantic QE2 Story

Started by afmathieson62Board Passengers & Enthusiasts Introductions

Replies: 3
Views: 1446
Last post Jul 16, 2010, 10:13 AM