Author Topic: Ready for sale : QE2 Story calendars for 2021  (Read 2315 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: Ready for sale : QE2 Story calendars for 2021
« Reply #40 on: Nov 30, 2020, 08:39 PM »
With all these discounts, Has anyone paid full price  ;)
I do wonder how has the uptake been on these and more importantly for the very kind people behind the scenes doing all the hard work.It must have involved  a lot of perhaps unnecessary extra work and also for the funds has there been the possibility to build in a donaton ?
How has Dear Lulo fared, has she been kept busy or chucked to one side as we all went for the personal touch ? 

Do you think you might do the same idea or try to revert to the ordering yourself method?
I must say with Vistaprint, over the years they have ALWAYS delivered well before the expected delivery date.
But can l say thanks to the team behind the scenes for the very quick order confirmation details and all the hard work involved.   
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #41 on: Nov 30, 2020, 09:07 PM »
With all these discounts, Has anyone paid full price  ;)

I would have to check, but without doing so, I think that there has always been a discount on offer, but at very different rates. The 60 % discount is quite exceptional, and I don't expect to see it again this year (but I may be wrong!).

I do wonder how has the uptake been on these and more importantly for the very kind people behind the scenes doing all the hard work.It must have involved  a lot of perhaps unnecessary extra work and also for the funds has there been the possibility to build in a donaton ?

I have kept tabs of the orders, both in Vistaprint and Lulu, and can give you various statistics. I shall try and compile a list in the course of this week. And yes, we have received quite good and generous donations; people have been inclined to round up the reimbursements to the QE2Story, for which we are very grateful.

How has Dear Lulo fared, has she been kept busy or chucked to one side as we all went for the personal touch ? 

Lulu has fared well too, and orders have been coming in quietly and quite regularly. The Lulu price contains an automatic "donation" to the Forum of about 80 pence per calendar, which Lulu pays out to Forum funds on a monthly basis.

Do you think you might do the same idea or try to revert to the ordering yourself method?

Unfortunately, Vistaprint does not allow anyone other than the creator of the calendar (or other product) to place an order. I had a long "chat" with one of their staff and tried to see whether there was any way around this, but there was not. And so, the only way to make Vistaprint calendars available at all, was to place the order on behalf of the member, and to pay for it while placing the order.

Lulu was reorganised this year and initially withdrew all calendars, much to my shock when I was ready to create them. This is when I started working with Vistaprint. It is only when the Vistaprint calendars were ready that Lulu came back and offered a simple model of calendar, nothing like what we were using in previous years, but quite effective for at least accommodating 12 out of the 29 photos, provided they were in Landscape format. This is how we ended up with a Lulu option as well as three Vistaprint sizes.

I must say with Vistaprint, over the years they have ALWAYS delivered well before the expected delivery date.
But can l say thanks to the team behind the scenes for the very quick order confirmation details and all the hard work involved.

What is also quite impressive, is that they seem to print as close as possible to the final delivery address. I got some feed-back today from someone who had ordered a calendar in Japan and found that the calendar had been posted there and delivered very soon after the order was placed.

And so, apart from not being able to offer you the possibility of placing your own order, I must say that working with Vistaprint has been very rewarding and satisfying, and I have enjoyed placing the orders for everyone. And of course, we are only about to start December, so there is still plenty of time to place more orders and make sure that everyone who wants one, can have a QE2Story calendar ready for the start of 2021!

These calendars are a great way of honouring the prizewinning photographs of the past year's photo competitions -- all of them excellent in so many very different ways.

« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2020, 02:11 PM »
The Vistaprint discount of 60 % runs until this evening.

Lulu is offering a 30 % discount, which also ends at midnight.

They must all be looking for business at this time!

Offline Ben Zabulis

« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Jasper the bear is very pleased with the 'The QE2 Story' calendar for 2021, especially August which he finds quite delightful. Here's the old sea-salt himself regaling all and sundry with his popular maritime adventures.

« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:49 AM »
He would enjoy the Vistaprint calendars too! He has the whole December page in the small version (waving goodbye to 2020), the whole March page in the medium version, and he shares the June page in the large version with his future friend Teddy Brum Brum and others.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2020, 09:53 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2020, 10:30 AM »
I love the photo of Jasper Bear pointing to his very own Calendar page.  :-*

We should have a QE2 Bears Calendar next year!  ;D
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Jasper looks in fine form pointing out his photo in the new calendar ! And a toast is most appropriate !  :)

QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline pete cain

« Reply #47 on: Dec 05, 2020, 05:24 PM »
that glass of red matches mine, only mine keeps emptying :-X

Offline pete cain

« Reply #48 on: Dec 07, 2020, 07:46 PM »
Isabelle,
 it's just arrived, poor Royal Mail worker arriving in the dark (working till 8.00pm), a most welcome arrival for Christmas.
 I honestly believe this to be the best  ever Calender & let's not beat around the bush here all previous ones were 'up there'.
 Thank you soooo much on behalf of all of us for all the work, it is appreciated , thanks Pete..

« Reply #49 on: Dec 07, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Thank you so much, Pete! I am really pleased that you like it.

You have made me blush. But remember that this is the work of so many people, above all those who were lucky enough to have been able to take photos of QE2 during her seagoing days, and then regularly submit photos to the monthly competitions, June and Lynda who set up the polls and declare the prizewinners, the members who come out and vote in the polls, and finally the prizewinners who send the full resolution originals and Rob, who designed the text on the cover page. The calendars would not have been possible without the participation of everyone!

Which is why the cover page says :

Created by the members of the QE2 Story Forum

« Reply #50 on: Dec 09, 2020, 10:41 AM »
As good customers of Vistaprint, the QE2 Story is currently being offered a 25 % discount on calendars, expiring on 16 December.

There are no discounts on the Lulu calendars at present.

You can order the Lulu calendars yourself, by logging in and going to this page :

https://www.lulu.com/account/projects/ej9yr7

For the Vistaprint calendars, please send an email to <admin@theqe2story.com>, and we shall place your order for you.

« Reply #51 on: Dec 15, 2020, 09:07 PM »
For those of you who are interested in statistics, here are the results of the 2021 calendar sales so far :

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #52 on: Dec 16, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Great to see such good sales figures. Also great to see them going to all of the corners of the world.
Looking forward to hanging mine in the new year.

« Reply #53 on: Dec 25, 2020, 08:59 PM »
There is a Vistaprint discount of up to 25 % on calendars at the moment.

Lulu is offering 10 % off at present with the code JOLLY10, which ends tonight (25 December) at midnight UTC (GMT).

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2021, 06:03 PM »
I have just now put up my calendars - one large, one medium, and one small in various rooms in my house. They are indeed awesome and such a great way to have QE2 in view throughout the year !

Isabelle, is it still possible to order calendars ?

If you have not purchased yours yet, please consider doing so. The calendars arrive very quickly after being ordered. 

Many thanks to Isabelle for making up our calendars this year !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

« Reply #55 on: Jan 01, 2021, 06:16 PM »
Yes, I too enjoyed putting up the new calendars today -- I had been looking forward to them for some time!

Yes, the calendars are all still available to order (and will stay available). There are some reductions offered nearly all the time, so this is still a great time to order your calendar(s) if you have not yet done so. As June said, they arrive very quickly and reliably.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #56 on: Jan 01, 2021, 11:58 PM »
I was at mums house last week, and looked at her QE2 calendar on the wall... The large photo was a really lovely one of the queen's room at Christmas with lovely lighting and poinsettias on the tables.  It was a lovely photo of a lovely room on a lovely old ship and it in turn livened up my mum's room in her house
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

« Reply #57 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:40 AM »
Vistaprint have announced a BIG SALE only for today, with 40 % off calendars.

Just send an email to admin@theqe2story.com, and I shall place the order for you and let you know how you can reimburse the Forum.

I am enjoying my calendars -- lots of happy memories and superb photographs!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #58 on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Wow 40% is a big saving for anyone wanting a Calendar  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #59 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:04 PM »
Mine arrived the other day and it's awesome, it really is.

Well done everyone who put it together either by entering the photo competition, voting, managing the process or the actual creation of the calendar itself, and it's distribution.

Worth every penny even at full price.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.