Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: QE2 Crew Reunion Spring 2022  (Read 130 times)

Online Graham Taylor

QE2 Crew Reunion Spring 2022
« on: Sep 12, 2020, 02:06 PM »
So far there have been two very successful crew reunions in Southampton. The organisers are currently putting together another reunion, COVID-19 notwithstanding, hopefully in March 2022.

Previous events have been limited in numbers by the size of the function room and many crew members have not been able to acquire tickets. In this instance, to cater for larger numbers (including this time partners & spouses), the organisers are in consultation with cruise ship companies in the hope of chartering a vessel for a two night voyage. An obvious choice at the time was CMV’s Marco Polo, unfortunately as we all know that company has gone into administration and some of the fleet is up for sale by auction and the rest have an uncertain future. The plan is a charter departing Southampton and ending in Newcastle, which might suggest chartering one of Fred Olsen’s smaller ships, such as the Braemar (ex- Cunard Crown Dynasty).

For those crew interested and on Facebook there is a page available to keep updated, for those who don’t use FB, I’ll update with news as it comes in:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/147234789095646
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2020, 11:21 AM by Graham Taylor »
Hotel Officer/Purser 1987-1993

FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/Graham.Malcolm.Taylor
TWITTER - www.twitter.com/GrahamTaylorUK

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: QE2 Crew Reunion Spring 2022
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2020, 02:11 PM »
Thanks for posting information on this future crew reunion in 2022 and offering to keep forum crew who are not on Facebook informed.  Sounds like it could be a very successful reunion.

I will mention the reunion in the Forum September newsletter with a link back to this topic. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2020, 05:34 PM »
Really looking forward to this, what a brilliant idea to charter a ship, even better if it was an ex Cunard one of course!

Offline Rod

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2020, 05:44 PM »
I can say that the organizers work very long and hard on these events.

Online Graham Taylor

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2020, 11:29 AM »
I can say that the organizers work very long and hard on these events.

Yes Janice & Tara will have their work cut out with this one. The beauty of the idea is that there will be a cruise fare to suit all budgets from single cabin, through to shared cabins and up to and including top suites. Hopefully with an affordable drinks package available.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2020, 05:31 PM »
To have the reunion on a ship is a marvelous idea ! Time to break out The QE2 50 Cocktail !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !