Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Virtual QE2 Model  (Read 187 times)

Offline Bob C.

Virtual QE2 Model
« on: Sep 10, 2020, 01:05 PM »
I've been working on a virtual QE2 - 1969 decor - using Sketchup 3D Design Software since May of this year.  Lots of fits and starts and do-overs in learning the software and guesstimating many unknowns (measurements, layouts, colors, etc.) but I think I'm finally on a roll.

Here are some screen captures of the progress to date.

Offline Bob C.

Re: Virtual QE2 Model
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2020, 01:37 PM »
I'm hoping to tap the knowledge base of Forum members in filling in the remaining gaps in my memory, deck plans and photos from 1969-1979.

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2020, 06:54 PM »
Does anyone recall what color D Stairway was on 4 or 5 Deck in the 70's?  Did it retain its black and white color scheme all the way down or was it the whitish walls of 4 and 5 deck passageways?

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2020, 11:01 PM »
It is really interesting to see you modelling the interior of QE2, and at a particular stage in her life too. All the other models are of the exterior, so you are doing something rather special. I am sorry I cannot help you with an answer to your question, but I shall be very interested to watch your modelling as you continue.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Great work, Bob, on your virtual model ! It is so interesting to see your work take shape, and I am especially interested in the model being of the early QE2 !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2020, 03:15 AM »
This took me about 45 min but I think I got the door knob shape.  This is a pantry door on 3 Deck and not a cabin door.  Many of those to come. 

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2020, 03:24 AM »
Here's a reference for the above door - 3 Deck, Stairway D looking forward.  Also a side-by-side comparison of today's QE2 vs. yesteryear.  Still need some ceiling and wall details but its getting there.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2020, 09:40 AM »
Bob, I am enjoying seeing the different stages of this amazing piece of work and looking forward to seeing more.  I would say that his is Technology put to good use!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com