Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Jeff Mahler : Hello  (Read 106 times)

Online Jeff Mahler

Jeff Mahler : Hello
« on: Jul 23, 2020, 12:45 AM »
Just 30 years ago  I was lucky enough to be hired to create and set up theme party decorations(among other things) for an up coming event. I first stepped onboard the QE2 July 17, in NYC, for  the Cunard 150th anniversary cruise on QE2 in 1990. I never would have have known that I would continue to sail with Cunard, Carnival and other connected companies for the next 20 years. If you have sailed part of a Cunard  World Cruise from 1991- 2012 You may have spent an evening dancing at a theme party I supplied, if not actually set up.
In the end, I have now,over 2.5 years at sea, including 353 days on the QE2. I've been a part of 20 years, since, of world cruises and other special events on ships including  QE2, QM2, Victoria, Coronia, Seaborne Sun, and some Pacific Princess ships. Some sailings including, Cunard 150th, D-Day 50th, VE-Day 50th, Also a few Xmas and New Years Eve's including the Millennium Cruises, and 2000 tall ships in NYC. Last WC of QE2 and first WC on QM2.
I had a quite unique lifestyle onboard over the years. Because I traveled as a passenger/entertainer... yet also wore the hat of crew member on many occasion, I was able to live on both sides of the curtain between passenger and crew, and have many friends over the years on both sides. I have just as many fond memories at the Yacht Club. or Ward Room, as I do of the Pig! It was absolutely the best times of my life!
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2020, 07:59 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
Decorating the Queens room and Grand Lounge for 18 years. TOYL!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Jeff Mahler : Hello
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2020, 03:38 PM »
Welcome, Jeff, to The Forum ! And many thanks for your most interesting introduction. I am sure you will find many interesting topics here and meet up again with many you know. I am very much looking forward to some remembrances of specials events you did as well as photos ! June  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2020, 04:38 PM »
Welcome, Jeff! Feel at home here, enjoy the Forum and our like-minded company.

I am excited and looking forward to what you can tell us about organising events on the board QE2, and what it took to make them work. Your position, between the crew and the passengers, is also an interesting one. In another topic, we are discussing the position of the harpists on board, which may have been a bit similar.

Enjoy yourself!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Welcome Jeff and thanks for posting your introduction. 

Looking forward to hearing more and I would love to see some photos. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com