Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: July 2020 : Swimming pools  (Read 288 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

July 2020 : Swimming pools
« on: Jul 07, 2020, 01:19 AM »
The theme for this month's photo competition is the "Swimming pools", chosen by Ben Zabulis, the winner of the March 2020 competition.

Looking forward to your photos of those wonderful places!

Enjoy the search :) .

The prize this month is The QE2 Cookbook by Gretel Beer, donated by me (photo below). Alternatively, June Ingram is offering a jigsaw of the prizewinning picture. The choice is yours -- which will it be?

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Swimming pools.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 July 2020. Voting will run from 1 August 2020 until 31 August 2020, until everyone's time zone has caught up with the date.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

This is the tenth month of photos for the 2021 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: July 2020 : Swimming pools
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Looking forward to seeing entries for this month's photo competition Swimming Pools. 

On deck there were lots of opportunities to take photos of the swimming pool(s.)  Maybe you have photos of the Quarter deck pool when the Magrodome was in place.  Then there are the six and seven deck indoor pools.   
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2020, 07:49 PM »
I've just entered mine!

Decided to spare you the one of me in my speedo's trying to stay afloat... but it did bring back some very happy memories indeed of the ONE time I enjoyed QE2's outdoor pool!  Tried to repeat the experience on QM2 but didn't like it at all as much (and it was too deep for me, and not salty so I couldn't float!).
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2020, 06:49 PM »
Thank you to all who have entered photos for this competition. We have 20 photos at this stage, entered by 10 members.

It will be good to see some more photos of the various swimming pools on board over the years, with lovely memories of swimming in the One Deck pool or watching the swimmers or looking at the nets at night, or seeing the pool empty during storms. These polls were such essential parts of the ship, none of us can have been on board without spending some time in their company.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2020, 10:36 AM »
26 excellent photos uploaded so far to this month's  competition QE2 Swimming Pools. 

The deadline is 31 July so you still have time to upload your three best photos.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com