Author Topic: March 2020 : Famous faces on the most famous ship afloat  (Read 958 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

This month's theme is "Famous faces on the most famous ship afloat", chosen by Cunarder Man, the winner of the November 2019 competition.

Looking forward to your photos, and leaving it up to you to decide who the famous personalities are and whereabouts they might have been famous  ;) .

Enjoy the search -- I guess this leaves some scope for your imagination :) .

The prize this month is a QE2 photo frame in walnut, bought on board QE2 in 2008 and still in its original wrapping, donated by me, Isabelle Prondzynski.

Alternatively, June Ingram is offering a jigsaw of the prizewinning picture. The choice is yours -- which will it be?

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Famous faces on the most famous ship afloat.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 March 2020. Voting will run from 1 April 2020 until 30 April 2020.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

This is the seventh month of photos for the 2021 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2020, 03:22 PM by Lynda Bradford »

Re: March 2020 : Famous faces on the most famous ship afloat
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2020, 10:56 AM »
This has turned out to be a difficult topic, with no entries so far.

I have decided to take the plunge and have also decided that the most famous faces on board were of course the crew! Three photos uploaded now.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2020, 11:11 AM »
Perhaps a better photo of the walnut frame might be a help :) .

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2020, 11:38 AM »
I did see a few famous faces on board on my handful of trips - Richard Dreyfuss at the Purser's office springs to mind - but I didn't take any photos of them.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2020, 05:46 PM »
I did see a few famous faces on board on my handful of trips - Richard Dreyfuss at the Purser's office springs to mind - but I didn't take any photos of them.

I am sure that everyone in this Forum would agree that, when you are on board, you are one of the most famous faces around :) . Make good use of this well established fact for the photo competition!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2020, 11:07 PM »
I think this coronavirus is taking up a lot of our time and thoughts.  It might be a good time to step back, take a breath or two, and look through your photos and find three to submit to this competition !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2020, 07:52 PM »
It is up to each of us to decide who is famous in our own eyes. I might think a crew member is famous, you might think it is your table neighbour, another might give that honour to their partner, and if you see a crowd of people on QE2, you can be quite sure that there are any number of famous people in that crowd. If we don't know them all, that is not our problem -- someone knows them and thinks the world of them!

So go ahead, let us have some photos with people on, and the Moderators will not be asking you for their names or why you think these people are famous!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2020, 09:40 PM »
We have six photos so far, and the end of the month is approaching. Could we have some more please?

:-*

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:10 PM »
So after a gentle nudge from Isabelle on tonight's Zoom call, helping me to think less literally, I've entered my 3 photos :)

So have a think - think laterally, not literally!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:16 PM »
So after a gentle nudge from Isabelle on tonight's Zoom call, helping me to think less literally, I've entered my 3 photos :)

So have a think - think laterally, not literally!

Great, Rob! And now... to think of names for 2 of the pictures... :) .

Offline Head Badger

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2020, 03:56 PM »
The most famous person who I seved both as a waiter and then Headwaiter was Ruby Keeler (Al Jolsen's wife)

The worst Celebrity was the wrestler Big Daddy.

Peter Flynn (Badger)

Some of the best years of my life !!

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2020, 04:49 PM »
Tight competition for first between Terry Waites & David Bowie, with John Cleese a close second.

Worst - definitely the son of one of the Gibb brothers, horrible creature, can't remeber his, but can't also be bothered to look in my records to find it either, not worth the effort.
As they say, 'a walking advert for contraception!'

Offline Head Badger

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:38 PM »
The famous or infamous Columbia Tug of War Team
Some of the best years of my life !!

Poll for the March Photo Competition "QE2 at Speed"

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 15
Views: 2668
Last post Oct 19, 2017, 01:55 PM
by June Ingram
QE2 Dry Docking March 2018

Started by Louis De SousaBoard QE2 News while in Lay-up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 308
Views: 67191
Last post Dec 21, 2020, 11:04 PM
by Peter Mugridge
Maiden and final call to Albany (Oz), 4 March 2008

Started by ChrisBoard QE2's Final Season and Final Voyage (2007/2008)

Replies: 8
Views: 3388
Last post Aug 07, 2020, 05:29 PM
by Lynda Bradford
Poll for the March Competition 2018: QE2 from a distance

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 25
Views: 3433
Last post May 01, 2018, 09:48 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QM2 7 March 2012 Sydney to Hong Kong

Started by Cunarder ManBoard Past Events

Replies: 3
Views: 2394
Last post Feb 04, 2012, 06:12 PM
by Twynkle