Author Topic: February 2020 : Art works on board QE2  (Read 908 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

February 2020 : Art works on board QE2
« on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:05 PM »
This month's theme is "Art works on board QE2", chosen by Twynkle, the winner of the October 2019 competition.

Lots of art works were on board -- pictures, sculptures, the design of the furniture and cutlery, the music produced by the musicians -- we can take a broad view and encompass all sorts of art.

The prize this month
is a copy of the publication "QE2 A photographic journey", donated by me.

This is currently available from amazon.co.uk at GBP 12.55 :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/075244803X/ref=tmm_hrd_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1533415145&sr=1-1

Alternatively, June Ingram is offering a jigsaw of the prizewinning picture. The choice is yours -- which will it be?

How to enter

The album is open -- so now is the time to look for your three most interesting pictures on this theme during QE2's service years. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Art works on board QE2.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 29 February 2020. Voting will run from 1 March 2020 until 31 March 2020.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

This is the sixth month of photos for the 2021 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: February 2020 : Art works on board QE2
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2020, 04:16 PM »
This theme should elicit a treasure trove of photos !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:56 PM »
This theme should elicit a treasure trove of photos !   :)

It is wonderful! It just depends on what one considers to be a work of art -- to my mind, even the way the beds were laid out at night was a work of art. Or the way the petits fours were presented after dinner. Let your imagination lead the way :) .

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2020, 09:27 PM »
This month's theme is "Art works on board QE2", chosen by Twynkle, the winner of the October 2019 competition.

Lots of art works were on board -- pictures, sculptures, the design of the furniture and cutlery, the music produced by the musicians -- we can take a broad view and encompass all sorts of art.

The prize this month
is a copy of the publication "QE2 A photographic journey", donated by me.

This is currently available from amazon.co.uk at GBP 12.55 :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/075244803X/ref=tmm_hrd_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1533415145&sr=1-1

Alternatively, June Ingram is offering a jigsaw of the prizewinning picture. The choice is yours -- which will it be?

Enjoy yourselves!  :)

Yay and hooray!
This could be Fantastic....Can hardly wait, and looking forward the best collection of the most interesting Art imaginable.
From the bookmarks and cards in the Library to those amazingly quirky statues, sculptures and live musicians...
The leather picture, the John Piper tapestries, the Chartroom poetry...
Carpets, Lighting in the ceiling off the Queens Room, the Queen herself and more...
We can make QE2 really happy to know these and so much more are very much still alive!
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2020, 09:33 PM by Twynkle »

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:30 PM »
3 people have entered photos so far. Looking forward to lots more!

Twynkle has given us some ideas -- and we leave it up to you to decide what is a work of art  ;D .

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2020, 04:02 PM »
Please have a look at your photos and enter your three favourites - Rosie's choice of topic is a great opportunity for entering your photos of art aboard QE2 !   :)

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2020, 09:32 PM »
We have 12 photos entered so far, which would be the lowest number of photos ever in our photo competitions!

There must be more photos about... particularly as we leave the interpretation of what constitutes "art" to the beholder (i.e. the photographer)!

Rosie, how about yourself?

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2020, 03:22 PM »
Please do have a look at your photos and choose your three favourite photos of artwork aboard QE2 and enter them in the February photo competition.  If you need any help uploading your photos, please contact us at admin@theqe2story.com   :)

Offline pete cain

« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2020, 06:17 PM »
Phew just made it again!!!
 I could not find my master disc after moving, so these were all I had on me laptop..... I really wanted tyo post the Asprey silver model, but hey ho    Tip there peoples--  still time  ::)

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Just uploaded two more photos to total up to the three maximum, a tricky choice this time due to the wide range of interpretation!
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2020, 11:22 PM by Thomas Hypher »
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2020, 10:22 AM »
15 photos now. We are going to leave the album open for another couple of days, so that we can include a few more artworks :) .

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2020, 12:11 PM »
I've entered now, sorry for the delay!

Some great entries there.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.