QE2's last ever visit to Monte Carlo
QE2 in Barcelona Port 1992
QE2 in Naples 2004
QE2 in Dubrovnik 2008
In Marmaris (I think!)
In Malta
In Trieste

Voting closes: Feb 01, 2020, 03:08 PM

Author Topic: Poll December 2019 : QE2 in Monte Carlo/Monaco or Other Mediterranean Ports  (Read 178 times)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
The theme for the December Competition, "QE2 in Monte Carlo/Monaco or Other Mediterranean Ports" was chosen by Thomas Hypher.

Thank you to everyone who submitted pictures, which we really appreciate. We hope that you enjoy choosing and voting for your 3 favourites.  This is the fourth competition of the new "calendar" year with winning and runner up photos going towards the 2021 QE2 Calendar.

The prize this month is the poster, "Cunard Line, The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World" donated by Marc-Antoine Bombail, or a 500 or 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of the prizewinning photo.

Voting is easy, but you need to be registered as a Forum member and log into the Forum to vote.  Whether or not you have submitted photos, please support those who have participated, by choosing your 3 favourite ones, noting the details, then tick the relevant box on the poll.  If you have entered photos please do not vote for your own pictures.

To make it easier for you, we have posted the pictures below, however you can also view the photos by clicking the Gallery Album, "QE2 in Monte Carlo/Monaco or other Mediterranean ports", where you can see them all at once, in thumbnail form, plus you can view larger versions of the pictures by clicking on the photo to see medium size, and click once more to see them in large size.

You will not see the results of the vote until the poll has closed on 1 February 2020 after all time zones have had a chance to catch up with the voting deadline.

As always the choice is yours - enjoy!
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2020, 10:07 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Cutting edge 1 -- Trieste May 2008

QE2 Ajaccio Corsica 2002

QE2 in Cannes, queueing in the heat to get a tender back aboard

Concord of the ages -- old meets new in Dubrovnic

Ajaccio Corsica Birthplace of Napoleon

Gib

Top of the Rock

Sunrise on Vesuvius

QE2 1992 Barcelona

QE2 all tied up

QE2 in a Turkish port

QE2 about to depart from Civitavecchia

QE2 anchored off Monte Carlo

QE2's last ever visit to Monte Carlo

QE2 in Barcelona Port 1992

QE2 in Naples 2004

QE2 in Dubrovnik 2008

In Marmaris (I think!)

In Malta

In Trieste
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2020, 03:27 PM by June Ingram »
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

The poll for "QE2 in Monte Carlo/Monaco or other Mediterranean ports" is now open.

Enjoy the photos of QE2 in warmer waters, and cast your vote for the three you like best. With thanks to our members who thought of taking pictures in these splendid places while they had the chance :) .

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
My votes are in.

A question, if I may, about the second photo - would that have been taken on 6th September 2002 by any chance...?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Lynda Bradford

Yes Peter you are spot on. We must have been on QE2 at the same time . Small World  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Lynda Bradford

Fabulous photos and although there are less entries this month it was still difficult to choose just three favourites.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Yes Peter you are spot on. We must have been on QE2 at the same time . Small World  :)

If that's the case, then going by the position - at the very moment you took that picture, I was on the starboard bridge wing with Paul Wright trying to photograph some dolphins but they were too quick for me!
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

This poll seems to be having a slow start. Only 5 voters so far...

Enjoy the Mediterranean ports and our QE2's voyages among them, and have a look which of the photos you like best!

Offline pete cain

All done Isabelle , thanks for the prompt....

Offline Olivia

Beautiful photos, just what we need at this time of year to make us feel warm and remind us what the sunshine is like!  ;D

12 voters now, and just over a week to go.  Enjoy the chance to see what some of our members were lucky enough to see, and select the three views that pleased you most. She is still sailing in our minds :) !