Author Topic: December 2019 :city ends contract with longtime Queen Mary inspector  (Read 921 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Chris Thompson

Sounds like typical bureaucratic behaviour, ignore inconvenient facts!

Offline pete cain

That doesn't make good reading does it,?. Talk about shooting the messanger, but oh, let's arrange some more bodies to look at things next year , looks as if progress is being  made (NOT). Poor Queen Mary , what's left of her :'(

Offline Olivia

Poor Queen Mary indeed  :( Sad to see her being treated this way, but surely if there were any serious problems then it would be in the city’s own interests to fix/repair her? I imagine she brings in a lot of money, but I suppose they probably get much more these days from that cruise terminal next to her.

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
Another blow to QM's future it seems :(
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Online cunardqueen

Well shes still there , and still proving a good attraction. Yes if you poke your nose around you will see faults. There's still talk of removing the sub, but at a cost of a $million which could be better spent elsewhere .
Queen Mary is not dead yet, Long live The Queen ! 
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2021, 02:40 AM by cunardqueen »
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!