Author Topic: Commodore Warwick & Sam Warwick QE2 book prize for September 2019  (Read 382 times)

Offline shipnshore

Hello everyone,
I have just received this wonderful book prize from Commodore Warwick & Sam Warwick. Firstly, I would like to thank again those members who voted for my winning photograph in the September competition. I would also like to thank again all the admin., for their unstinting work on The QE2 Story and finally the Commodore and Sam for a truly wonderful fourth edition update of this magnificent prize. I will treasure this book always as it perfectly reminds me of the most famous ship in the world together with an unparalleled history.
I have attached a photo of a very happy me!
Best wishes to all, Alan.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:44 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
Alan

Online Olivia

Re: Commodore Warwick & Sam Warwick QE2 book prize for September.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2019, 03:57 PM »
Congratulations on your win Alan!  ;D Enjoy the book, I got the same one about a month ago and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:37 PM »
Thank-you Alan for posting then photo of you with your special Photo Competition prize, and thanks also for the support you give to the forum.   

Enjoy your prize :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Congratulations Alan! Excellent framed photo in the background to your photo above!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2, in her new life, in Dubai back in January 2020.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:20 AM »
So glad that the special book prize arrived with you and you are enjoying it!

Thank you very much for your photo, and for the excellent image which secured you the prize. I am already looking forward to including it in the 2021 Calendar :) .

Offline shipnshore

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:48 AM »
Thanks to all for your kind replies and to Thomas for his comment regarding the image in the background. I hope to post that one sometime in the future ;).
Best wishes everyone, Alan.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2019, 02:44 PM »
Hi Alan - Many thanks for posting the photo of you and your prize !  Glad it arrived safely and that you like it.  Many thanks to you for your continued support of The Forum and the Photo Competitions !  Your photos are always great and your videos and the accompanying music are also very good and very much appreciated !  June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline shipnshore

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Hi June, thank you for your lovely words. it really is something special to have won it. ;)

Offline shipnshore

Many books have been written over the years about QE2. She really has become an icon of the oceans due to her extraordinary life on the high seas. A liner that became the favourite of millions of people, whether or not they had the good fortune to travel aboard her. Wherever she sailed to, she would always draw people to come and see her because she was that famous. Throughout her time, from shipyard construction to her retirement, her stories have been related by many authors. I  have just finished reading Commodore Warwick & Sam Warwick's book - QE2 The CUNARD LINE FLAGSHIP QUEEN ELIZABETH II - fourth edition and for myself personally, it is amazing! I was totally engrossed from start to finish. The details of the ship's life from Clydebank to Dubai, the news stories, as well as personal and events that occurred throughout her seagoing career, it's all contained within this wonderful book. The photograph's are magnificent also, many I have not seen before, I would have purchased the book for those alone! I can assure member's of The QE2 Story and anyone else, that this book is a must have. What a gift it would make at anytime, let alone Christmas!    Best wishes Alan.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2019, 12:44 PM by shipnshore »
Alan

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks for taking time to review the book.  I am sure many of us would like to have this book in our Christmas stocking.   :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2019, 02:00 PM »
Thanks to all for your kind replies and to Thomas for his comment regarding the image in the background. I hope to post that one sometime in the future ;).
Best wishes everyone, Alan.

Looking forward to seeing your photo sometime in the future!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2, in her new life, in Dubai back in January 2020.

Commodore Warner

Started by Jeff TaylorBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 7
Views: 3208
Last post Apr 26, 2011, 09:13 PM
by Twynkle
Commodore J Burton-Hall, RD Cdr RNR (7 March 1990)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 1838
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 11:33 AM
by Lynda Bradford
"you had the feeling of making history sail" says commodore Rynd

Started by matdarkBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 17
Views: 3293
Last post Nov 05, 2018, 02:12 PM
by Thomas Hypher
Commodore T D Ridley, RD Captain RNR (26 August 1978)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 2520
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 11:41 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2 Home Movie 1970 Commodore William Warwick Cocktails

Started by KEVBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories

Replies: 5
Views: 2918
Last post Mar 31, 2014, 06:13 PM
by June Ingram