Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Photo Competition Results: 2020 Calendar  (Read 1971 times)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Photo Competition Results: 2020 Calendar
« Reply #40 on: Aug 02, 2019, 02:40 PM »
Congratulations, Thomas, for your winning photograph !  It is spectacular !  And Congratulations to Stowaway2k as we remember his contributions to The Forum and his love of QE2 !

Many thanks to all who have contributed photos to the competitions.  They are all wonderful, each and every one !

:)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #41 on: Aug 02, 2019, 06:14 PM »
My Dad is chuffed to be the photo competition winner this month with his photo from our first voyage in August 2003 (Westbound Transatlantic)! I have just let him know over the phone :) . I have just responded to June's email with postage details etc :) .

As far as I can tell and remember my Mum and I were standing at the other end of Three Deck in this photo. I have attached a zoomed and cropped in version, circling us. Really puts the distance and the flatline sheer into perspective!
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2019, 06:15 PM by Thomas Hypher »
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #42 on: Aug 05, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Brilliant photo that captures the QE2 cabin deck. Congratulations to Thomas and his Dad
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #43 on: Sep 02, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Congratulations to Thomas Hypher the winner of the July competition "So QE2" with his photo "Source of her unique voice" which absolutely is so QE2

The runner up is Hamburger with his picture "Stunning bow 3"

Excellent choices from so many fabulous photos entered for this month's competition that all reflect the theme.

Thanks to everyone who entered photos and voted.

Remember to look out your photos for the September competition QE2 in Port and you have a chance to win a special prize. 

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #44 on: Sep 02, 2019, 01:44 PM »
My Dad will be chuffed to have won the July photo competition! He took a series of close up photos of unique exterior parts of the ship on our penultimate voyage in August 2007, a Med cruise. I will let him know when we next speak.
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #45 on: Oct 02, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Drum roll please for the joint winners and last entries for the 2020 Calendar  :)

Congratulations to Isabelle Prondzynski with her photo "Starboard Lamp"

and congratulations also go to Thomas Hypher joint winner with "Green on Boat Deck from the Bridge Wings"

The runner up was Hamburger's photo "Green ex"

Thank-you to everyone who contributed to this month's photo competition.  You can look forward to a number selection of photos to choose from for the next poll

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2019, 06:57 PM by Lynda Bradford »
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #46 on: Oct 02, 2019, 03:51 PM »
Congratulations to our winners - Isabelle Prondzynski for her photo, "Starboard Lamp" - and to Thomas Hypher for his photo, "Green on Boat Deck from the Bridge Wings" !

And Congratulations to Hamburger for his runner up winner, "Green ex" !

These are wonderful photos !  And many thanks to all who contributed photos for this competition for all of their marvelous photos and for the stories they tell !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #47 on: Oct 02, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Well done to all, now are we all green with envy ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #48 on: Oct 03, 2019, 11:02 PM »
My Dad is happy to be a joint winner this month with a photo that holds a lot of sentimental value for both of us (Mum is on her scooter forward on Boat Deck in the photo as she couldn't come with us on the bridge visit due to lack of suitable access and it was also our last voyage onboard).

Congratulations to Isabelle and Hamburger too :) . I remember the doors under each bridge wing at the bit beneath the bridge which gave access to the port and starboard navigation lights and I like the green tinted atmosphere, with the shipyard workers at Lloyd Werft sandblasting or water blasting the algae off her hull, of Hamburger's photo.