Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Photo competition results : 2021 calendar  (Read 710 times)

Offline skilly56

Re: Photo competition results : 2021 calendar
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2020, 11:07 AM »
George's mention of the QEII Bar in Malta (Feb 20th, 2020) got my memory neurons going. On 11.07.2008 I stood outside the door of the bar (see attached photo) and was very tempted to enter and have a drink to cool down. Then I remembered I had my youngest son with me, and I didn't want to lead him astray as he had to return for duty in a couple of hours (QE2 3/O).

We wandered on further, spent a few more hours in town, and eventually returned to the ship via the road down from the RAF Memorial. I turned to look at QE2, then took the attached photo of her - nearly the same as the one George took, but there was a lot less traffic on the wharf. My angle is slightly different, so I couldn't have stood on the same spot!
Great Coincidence - I wonder how many others snapped the same photo.
A greatly enlarged version now hangs on my office wall. The photo date says 12.07.2008 because the camera was still set on Kiwi time - a day ahead.

Skilly
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2020, 11:13 AM by skilly56 »

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2020, 02:13 PM »
Yes, a great photo !  I imagine many photos were taken as she looks so good.  QE2 is especially photogenic when there is a palm tree in the photo !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:35 AM »
The February competition on "Works of Art on board QE2" led to the extraordinary result of three winners : Cunarder Man's "Mauretania" and "Mauretania restaurant art" and Frazscot's "Stair from One Deck". Well deserved congratulations to both!

Mauretania

Mauretania Restaurant Art

Stair from One Deck

The runner-up is James A Hypher's "Lido midnight ice sculpture", entered by Thomas Hypher.

Lido Midnight Buffet Ice Sculpture

All of these are beautiful, and the fact that only one vote separated them, just shows how many works of art we appreciated on board QE2. Wonderful memories!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #23 on: Apr 02, 2020, 03:17 PM »
All fabulous pictures - congratulations to everyone
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 02, 2020, 05:24 PM »
Congratulations to Cunarder Man and Frazscot!

My Dad is chuffed to be runner up :)
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #25 on: Apr 03, 2020, 12:28 AM »
Congratulations to all for their winning and runner up photos !  They are spectacular photos !  And many thanks to all who submitted photos to this month's competition.  They are all very special remembrances of our beloved QE2 !  :)

Offline frazscot

« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Chuffed is a great word and I'm really chuffed to have won this months competition especially when I was up against such great pictures.       I thought my other selection 'Finished with engines"might be in with a chance as it was a small part of a great piece of art not normally noticed but the stair from my favourite deck won the day.
Now I will have to pick a subject for another contest and that could be difficult to find something that has not yet been done...................

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Congratulation to all competition winners.  Wonderful photos that I really enjoyed viewing and they made choosing 3 favourites very difficult. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Voting has finished for the March competition "Famous Faces on the most famous ship afloat" - thank-you to everyone who uploaded photos.

Congratulations to the winner, Ben Zabulis' with his photo "Jasper the bear looking out the porthole - Lisbon (2004)"

Congratulation also to the runner up, Hamburger with his photo "A lot of famous faces aboard - observing QM2"

www.qe2event.com

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 11:01 PM »
Wonderful photos, both of them! Congratulations, and thank you for sharing these great pictures with us :) .

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 11:17 PM »
Congratulations to our winner and runner up winner for their stunning photos ! 

And many thanks to all who contributed photos for this month's competition.

AND, let's hear a round of applause for Jasper !  :)

Offline Rod

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2020, 03:25 PM »
I think the winner and runner up were well chosen!

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2020, 03:39 PM »
Great winner, good fun! The runner up brings back my memories of that final tandem transatlantic and how special it was to watch QE2 in her element, doing what she did best - and all from the deck of another ocean liner in parallel.
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2020, 12:10 AM »
Actually, I would love to know more about Jasper the Bear. Was this his favourite porthole? Did he often travel on QE2? He looks like a well travelled bear who knew how to enjoy a good view.

Or maybe he was sorry to have been left behind and would have enjoyed a port excursion...

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 10:14 AM »
You have been voting for another fabulous collection of photos in the April competition and I am pleased to announce that your winner is......

Bob's picture "Double Room Tea Time on the Upper Deck 1969"

A deserved winner - fantastic to see a photo taken in 1969 of QE2's  Double Down Room

We have two runners up this month ....

Isabelle Prondzynski's "Sunshine and Shadows" a beautiful picture that evokes many memories.

and Bob C also had a runner up photo with his "Theatre Bar, Theatre and the Port Side Entrance to the Britannia Restaurant - Upper Deck - 1969"

Congratulations and thank-you to everyone who submitted photos to the competition. 

You can see the result in the poll topic
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:28 AM »
Congratulations to Bob C. for his winning photo and his runner up winning photo !

Congratulations to Isabelle Prondzynski for her runner up winning photo !

All three photos are wonderful, and many thanks to all who submitted photos for the competition ! The photos for this month's competition were very nostalgic and brought back many memories of QE2's "Glory Days" !   :)