Author Topic: Life Rings  (Read 1278 times)

Online Andy Holloway

Life Rings
« on: Sep 03, 2019, 05:23 PM »

Green Scuppers and Signs on QE2's Boat Deck Photo : Rob Lightbody

That photo does my head in!!!

That was always my pet hate onboard, life rings that were not positioned correctly, ie, so they can be read without tilting your head to one side!
I used to spend most of my time, when walking around the decks doing my rounds, straightening them, even to the point that, after i retired and my wife & i were on a River Cruise, i used to straighten the life rings, much to her embarrassment!!!

Grrrrrrr!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2019, 04:22 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
Life rings
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2019, 11:12 AM »
Green Scuppers and Signs on QE2's Boat Deck

That photo does my head in!!!

That was always my pet hate onboard, life rings that were not positioned correctly, ie, so they can be read without tilting your head to one side!
I used to spend most of my time, when walking around the decks doing my rounds, straightening them, even to the point that, after i retired and my wife & i were on a River Cruise, i used to straighten the life rings, much to her embarrassment!!!

Grrrrrrr!!!

You should get hired by QE2 Hotel they need someone to do that job now too....
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2019, 09:22 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Andy Holloway

Life Rings
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2019, 06:17 PM »
You should get hired by QE2 Hotel they need someone to do that job now too....

It's called ATD - ATTENTION TO DETAIL - quite simple [even for an ex Bootneck Security Officer]. The give away is in the name, so why is it that some folks just don't get it?
It's around us ALL the time, from road signs that would not look out of place in this competition - pure GREEN,to weeds that look like they are auditioning for a part in John Wydnham's 'The Day of the Triffids'!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now deep breath and say after me; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .................
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2019, 09:23 AM by Lynda Bradford »