Author Topic: Timothy Wickham introduction  (Read 169 times)

Offline Timothy Wickham

Timothy Wickham introduction
« on: Jul 11, 2019, 05:06 AM »
Hi everyone,
I am a new member of the QE2 forum. Glad to be on board.
My wife and I were on the Queen Elizabeth's Yokohama to Vancouver cruise with Alaskan ports thrown in as well.... beautiful part of the world. We left Yokohama on May 5th. We visited the Yacht Club and was surprised to see the silver QE2 model had been removed and replaced with a large model of the original Queen Elizabeth. There was no one around to ask what had happened to the QE2 model.
Tim
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2019, 02:22 PM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:57 AM »
Hi everyone,
My wife and I were on the Queen Elizabeth's Yokohama to Vancouver cruise with Alaskan ports thrown in as well.... beautiful part of the world. We left Yokohama on May 5th. We visited the Yacht Club and was surprised to see the silver QE2 model had been removed and replaced with a large model of the original Queen Elizabeth. There was no one around to ask what had happened to the QE2 model.
Tim

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum!

This, and a number of other items, were returned to QE2 early last year as hotel QE2 prepared to open.  We have a topic on the forum about this, and about where the model is on board QE2 now.  We'll add links once we find the topics!  I'm glad it's back on board QE2, but it looked stunning in its original position on QE2, in the subdued lighting of the midships lobby with the blue uplifting.

Asprey Model topic

Topic on the return - https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=8310.0

And there's a number of mentions and photos of it in our Dubai section but here's one post with a wee video https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=8392.msg97194#msg97194
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2019, 02:29 PM by Lynda Bradford »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2019, 12:05 AM »
Hi everyone,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Welcome on board!
Did you manage to see / decipher the message spelt by flags / pennants that are round the upper ceiling of QE's Yacht Club?!
Did you get to know QE2 well?

Just to mention that we were also on the Q915 too :)
I'd hoped to manage to have a QE2 get together on one of those lovely North Pacific sea days, however time flew by with lectures and clocks forward etc, and then the Ports took over!

Rosie
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2019, 02:20 PM by Lynda Bradford »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.