Author Topic: QE2 Memorabilia to re-home  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Andy W

QE2 Memorabilia to re-home
« on: Jul 15, 2019, 10:45 AM »
I have inherited a selection of QE2 memorabilia from a few trips my parents took on the ship in the 1990's. These are thngs like, note books, hats, umbrellas, pin badges, keyrings and a selection of paperwork - cruise planners/menus etc. Would these be of interest to people on the forum? The items are all very good/unused condition.

Although I have taken quite a few Cunard cruises, I never went on the QE2, so  I have no particular attachment to the items. It seems a shame to just give them to a charity shop. so if you are interested, please email me - andy.willis@runbox.com

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: QE2 Memorabilia to re-home
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2019, 11:01 AM »
Hello Andy, welcome to the forum and thanks for giving forum members the opportunity to add these items to their collection.

Do you have photos the the items you can post so as to generate interest?

You can see information on how to add photos to posts on this topic
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=2337.0
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Andy W

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Hi Lynda, sorry I don't have photos at the moment, however I will try and take some and post them.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2019, 10:18 PM »
If you were considering a charity shop to put these to, why not donate them to the forum here and such things could be offered as prizes in the photo comp or could be sold on here to donate to the forum funds ie the umbrellas and hats are always great give aways .But the postage on an umbrella can be quite scary.

Depending on what pins you have yes some can be quite rare or valuable or even unique, it all depends on what you have. Again Keyrings , there were such a lot produced in various designs.

Everything is of interest, its just a case of who likes what.
One picture is worth a thousand words.
Quite often we ebayers can see a hidden gem among a listing of junk... (not that lm saying its junk) l was referring to ebay listings when some people just list a pile of stuff .

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Andy W

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Here are a few pictures...

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2022, 10:10 AM »
Bob Higginson is offering the following set of QE2 memorabilia, which includes labels and postcards.  This would be a fantastic addition to any QE2 fan's memorabilia collection.

If you are interested please send me a message or send an email to admin@theqe2story.com

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com