Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: "Unseen" slides of QE2 being built, fitted out, on trials and early years.  (Read 4099 times)

Offline pete cain

I'm really sorry not to've noticed this topic (I knew Rob was posting  bit by bit)  but WOW, just brilliant, I bet they are something else on a bigger screen.  What I love is that - no matter how much it's needed, the QE2 story logo on these beauties is tucked away discreetly so that we can enjoy the vista.
   Thanks Rob, these images here for ever,     QE2 Story  a historic repository in the making!!!

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
I seem to recall there being a picture in a Ladybird book about ships that was very similar to that picture of the bow being built...?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Waverley

Is it this one from the Ladybird book “The Ocean Liner” ?

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

Next series of pictures from the Gallery :

QE2 being constructed, 1967, starboard side

View across QE2's bow and Clydebank QE2 under construction in Clydebank in summer 1967

A historical view now, a busy, smokey and probably noisy place... providing employment and an income for many. The "good old days" were maybe not altogether healthy old days...

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Is it this one from the Ladybird book “The Ocean Liner” ?

Yes, that is the very picture I remember from 45 odd years ago...
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"