Author Topic: Queen Mary Cabin A007 A mini suite  (Read 517 times)

Online cunardqueen

Queen Mary Cabin A007 A mini suite
« on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:19 PM »
Cabin A007 a lovely little mini suite. the joys of the Black Friday sale allowed me to cancel my original booking and book a mini suite for less than the original booking. Situated just a few doors along from the main hotel reception.  Quirky in the layout it provided a sitting room facing a giant TV and in that part also a full bathroom so ineffect l had two full scale bathrooms. At night there is nothing nicer than to go to sleep with the portholes wide open.
 What with everything l really only had a couple of hours sleep before an early drive to the airport. for the flight to Sin City. To be able to have a quick wonder around the ship at 5am and see no one, and yet know the ship is full is always quite uncanny.

The morning of Christmas Eve l was leaving Queen Mary and its one of the few times l had built in plenty of extra time . It was a good job, my uber driver who l always use, and is always very punctual had got mixed up. l sent her a message at 0545 just to say l was outside as we had planned to pickup between 0545 and 0600 she replied saying that she was 2 mins away. so l waited..and waited and no sign, so l thought it best to give her a call, she answered, where was l , l was outside and waving, where was she, she was outside with her car lights on and waiting. well l was outside and couldnt see any sign of her , l suggested she put her indicators on to make it easier, she did that, l said Stacy l still cant see you , lm right outside the hotel entrance where are you, she said lm right outside the entrance by the office.... i said Office !? your outiside the Vagabond Motel, she said yes, l said lm outside Queen Mary on the quayside WTF !  after what seemed like a long silence she said Dont worry, lm leaving now, l will see you soon and hung up. Now having done the run from Whittier to Long Beach l know full well its not a five minute ride its more like 45 mins to an hour. so thinking to myself, l do have some spare time. As it happened she was there within 28 minutes , which surprised me and the security guard , But we did have a good laugh and exchanged presents, bundled the cases in to the car and off she sped to LAX . As it happened the roads were remarkably quite and l ended up at the airport with plenty of spare time. she had misread the pick up point completely.       
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 06:32 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Queen Victoria's new cruise 17 Oct 2012

Started by tdicksonBoard Past Events

Replies: 1
Views: 1396
Last post Sep 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
by Barrie Evans
Steven Adler, QE2 Waiter, Queen's Grill 1981-1985

Started by adlerscBoard QE2 Officers & Crew & Workers Introductions

Replies: 44
Views: 14504
Last post Jul 05, 2020, 04:05 PM
by Vincent Scriven
Queen Elizabeth 26th June in Invergordon

Started by cunardqueenBoard The Cruise Sisters (QV & QE)

Replies: 14
Views: 2425
Last post Jul 02, 2016, 10:11 AM
by Lynda Bradford
Queen Victoria - Berthed in Trieste 19-21-Nov-2011

Started by CAPBoard The Cruise Sisters (QV & QE)

Replies: 8
Views: 2271
Last post Nov 22, 2011, 06:59 PM
by Lynda Bradford
The Queen's Room

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Passenger Areas

Replies: 20
Views: 4375
Last post Oct 24, 2018, 09:05 PM
by Alex Tarry