Author Topic: Queen Mary Christmas 2018  (Read 297 times)

Online cunardqueen

Queen Mary Christmas 2018
« on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:42 PM »
Some photos from my overnight stay on board Queen Mary Dec 23rd 2018
and the famous Sunday Brunch . Seems to have taken forever this time to upload the 4000 photos from the holiday. Its still doesnt seem right taking pics from your phone, but they do appear to have turned out great.

She still looking mighty grand, shes still pullling in the numbers for the brunch and the hotel and still giving a great many people much pleasure. Brunch for examply they had hit a thousand passengers by 1pm. Given the numbers and for me the late time of attending, it was as it should be, the various stations were looking very fresh and the food plentiful. Alas its all to easy with some brunches to ease of near the end but Queen Mary does put on the show right till the end. Given the numbers they do a great job, your glasses are topped up on a very regular basis. and some how while your up restocking at the buffet your plate is always away before you return.
 I always found the lack of stuffing a sore point, and this year mentioned to one of the chefs, to cut a long story short, he made up some for me and had it delivered to my table.   

Yes sure there are some areas that need a touch up. the bridge wings are still closed off.
However in a change to what used to be the Chill events held on the quayside. This year they had a lot of events, and Christmas events onboard Queen Mary and going by the feedback and the income, it was a great success the ship was certainly busy ,with lots to see and do.
For me no trip to the USA is complete without a stopover and a brunch on Queen Mary.     
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019, 10:00 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Queen Mary Christmas 2018
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:53 PM »
Many thanks, Myles, for your commentary and photos, which are magnificent !  Do you have photos of the food selections ?  QM's paint looks quite fresh and unfaded.  And her bridge is just wonderful !  Do you have your same cabin from year to year ?  And I notice poor QM is also dressed in outside lights ! I for one would love to see more photos and hear more commentary !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Steven Adler, QE2 Waiter, Queen's Grill 1981-1985

Started by adlerscBoard QE2 Officers & Crew & Workers Introductions

Replies: 44
Views: 14240
Last post Jul 05, 2020, 04:05 PM
by Vincent Scriven
Queen Victoria's new cruise 17 Oct 2012

Started by tdicksonBoard Past Events

Replies: 1
Views: 1386
Last post Sep 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
by Barrie Evans
The Queen at the Naming of Queen Elizabeth

Started by Michael GallagherBoard The Cruise Sisters (QV & QE)

Replies: 0
Views: 233
Last post Jun 13, 2018, 02:19 PM
by Michael Gallagher
QE2 Get Together (on board Queen Victoria World Cruise 2017).

Started by Michelle PenwardenBoard Past Events

Replies: 5
Views: 1337
Last post Aug 03, 2016, 06:52 AM
by Greg Rudd
Queen Victoria - Berthed in Trieste 19-21-Nov-2011

Started by CAPBoard The Cruise Sisters (QV & QE)

Replies: 8
Views: 2191
Last post Nov 22, 2011, 06:59 PM
by Lynda Bradford