Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Seven Deck Pool and Gym  (Read 477 times)

Online Michael Gallagher

Seven Deck Pool and Gym
« on: Jan 05, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Now scheduled to open in January 2019:

https://www.qe2.com/leisure

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
Re: Seven Deck Pool and Gym
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Looks very different with the stripped down to steel look, but I like it as a gym area and am glad they are continuing to use the area for the same purpose. The main pool down here is the only QE2 pool I ever swam in and was the first and last ship's pool I'll ever swim in because of the salt used instead of chlorine! I wonder if the area will be warm in temperature as it used to be because of the nearby machinery but because of the Dubai weather or people working out?
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2019, 06:41 PM »
My first reaction to seeing that photo is that I like what they've done, and I like that they're doing more than just having a pool ashore somewhere because it's nice to walk from your room for a dip.

When I was in there in 2011 it was smelly and tired looking.

Queen Mary in long beach is crying out for her first class pool to be restored and reopened, they made a horrendous mistake when they undermined it's structural integrity like they did. Credit where it's due to Dubai, as far as We're aware they haven't messed with QE2's structural integrity.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Conay

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Oh hey, just in time for my-wait...

Looks pretty sleek and modern, should be popular with people working in the Caronia shared workspace.

Offline Tony

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:37 AM »
The pool was next to the old darkroom in the 70's. It was a perfect spot for a quick swim

Online Graham Taylor

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2019, 03:31 PM »
Before I went onto nights, it was a space I used a lot even though there was always a strong musty, damp smell to the space.

trevorc

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:36 AM »
Great work! Looks very mod and up to date.

Offline Vincent Scriven

• The Good Times
  • QE2 Crew member
  • Lido Diner
  • My Dear Brother Tony Spec Cook
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2020, 11:50 AM »
This was on The Crew working Alleyway and the crew could use it at certain times I think it was evening time crew could enter it there