Author Topic: Photo Competition Results: 2020 Calendar  (Read 7640 times)

Offline caledonia

Re: Photo Competition Results: 2020 Calendar
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 07:54 AM »
The winner and runner up of the March competition "QE2 with snow or ice" are Caledonia's photos

Winning picture: QE2 in Longyearbyen June 2008 (2)

Runner up: QE2 in Longyearbyen June 2008 (3)

Beautiful photos, thank-you so much for entering these into the competition and deserving winners.

I have been asked to put some background to the photos i entered and ( much to my surprise won) in the competition. When l booked the cruise, i didn't in all honesty realise what a truly wonderful location Spitsbergen was, it was only when i awoke that morning and looked out of our cabin portholes that i saw the mountains covered in snow and bathed in sunlight that it dawned that this was somewhere very special. I must admit to skipping breakfast that morning to stand at the front of the QE2 as we sailed into Longyearbyen and take in this incredible panorama, it really is breathtaking, and made all the more memorable with it being the last time the QE2 would ever venture this far North , with it being her farewell season.
We were tendered ashore, and whilst we were heading for the berth l looked at the beautiful backdrop to the QE2 and realised that the opportunity would be provided to obtain some stunning photos to record this last historic occasion. I took many photos that day ( usually to the comment from my wife and son, that surely you have plenty now), and it remains one of my favourite places to have sailed in on the QE2. It was a wonderful day ashore there, talking to many of the local folk who live in this most northerly outpost, they were very interested in the QE2 and many didn't realise it would be her last ever visit there, needless to say the cameras came out to record her there, and no doubt the sail away.
That wonderful day way back in June 2008 will live in my memory as my favourite location i ever traveled on the beautiful lady, the two week cruise we undertook around Norway is without doubt the most memorable l have ever undertaken, and if you ever have the opportunity to go there, take it, it is a very special place.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:42 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 09:26 AM »
What beautiful memories of a most "magical" place :) . Thank you, Caledonia, for having given us the background for these gorgeous pictures!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #32 on: Jun 02, 2019, 03:21 PM »
Congratulation to Isabelle Prondzynski the winner of the April competition QE2 it's all in the detail, with her photo:

Original Door Handle

There were two runner up photos this month:

Stowaway 2K's picture Flowers with a view:

and my own photo

Mauretania, detail in the design:

Thank-you to everyone who participated in the competition
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #33 on: Jun 05, 2019, 04:28 PM »
Congratulations to Isabelle Prondzynski for her winning photo, "Original Door Handle".  It is a great photo and shows one of our QE2's unique features.

And Congratulations to Lynda Bradford for her runner up winning photo, "Mauretania, Detail in the Design.  Again, a wonderful, unique feature of QE2.

And it is also very good to be able to acknowledge the runner up winning photo, "Flowers with a View, by Stowaway2k.

Many thanks to our winners, to those who submitted photos, and to those who voted !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

« Reply #34 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:18 PM »
Congratulations to Hamburger, who achieved a double win in the May 2019 competition, with these stunning photos. The clear favourite was his "Best Place", while the runaway runner-up was his "Stunning View".

Thank you to everyone who submitted photos -- it is always a joy to see many previously unseen pictures of our favourite ship, and many interpretations of the month's theme!

Best Place

Stunning View

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #35 on: Jul 03, 2019, 12:09 AM »
Congratulations to Hamburger for his winning photo and for his runner up winning photo ! Both are spectacular and both capture the essence of our beloved QE2 ! 

And many thanks to all who submitted photos.  Each one is special and has a special memory of our QE2 and a special story to tell.

:)

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
« Reply #36 on: Jul 06, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Absolutely wonderful photos Hamburger, congratulations!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

« Reply #37 on: Aug 01, 2019, 10:41 PM »
Congratulations to Thomas Hypher (and his Dad, James Hypher), for this impressive prizewinning photo in the June 2019 competition :

Three Deck, the longest passenger deck!

And the runner-up was Stowaway2k's beautiful Mid-Ships Lobby :

Many happy memories associated with these places -- thank you, everyone, for having brought your photographs here for us to enjoy!

Offline pete cain

« Reply #38 on: Aug 02, 2019, 12:26 PM »
Congratulations Thomas, well done.
    Please P M your postal details so that I can send off your book,    Pete C..
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2019, 12:28 PM by pete cain »

« Reply #39 on: Aug 02, 2019, 01:08 PM »
Congratulations Thomas, well done.
    Please P M your postal details so that I can send off your book,    Pete C..

Apologies, Pete! Your book is the prize for the July competition, so you need to wait for another month before we know the winner.

For the June competition, the prize was donated by me. Our Moderator June will, as usual, make contact with you, Thomas, via email -- please send your address in response to her (it will reach me via the Admin mailbox).

Pete, the poll for the July competition will appear shortly -- the winner will gain your book :) .

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #40 on: Aug 02, 2019, 02:40 PM »
Congratulations, Thomas, for your winning photograph !  It is spectacular !  And Congratulations to Stowaway2k as we remember his contributions to The Forum and his love of QE2 !

Many thanks to all who have contributed photos to the competitions.  They are all wonderful, each and every one !

:)

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #41 on: Aug 02, 2019, 06:14 PM »
My Dad is chuffed to be the photo competition winner this month with his photo from our first voyage in August 2003 (Westbound Transatlantic)! I have just let him know over the phone :) . I have just responded to June's email with postage details etc :) .

As far as I can tell and remember my Mum and I were standing at the other end of Three Deck in this photo. I have attached a zoomed and cropped in version, circling us. Really puts the distance and the flatline sheer into perspective!
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2019, 06:15 PM by Thomas Hypher »
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #42 on: Aug 05, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Brilliant photo that captures the QE2 cabin deck. Congratulations to Thomas and his Dad
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #43 on: Sep 02, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Congratulations to Thomas Hypher the winner of the July competition "So QE2" with his photo "Source of her unique voice" which absolutely is so QE2

The runner up is Hamburger with his picture "Stunning bow 3"

Excellent choices from so many fabulous photos entered for this month's competition that all reflect the theme.

Thanks to everyone who entered photos and voted.

Remember to look out your photos for the September competition QE2 in Port and you have a chance to win a special prize. 

www.qe2event.com

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #44 on: Sep 02, 2019, 01:44 PM »
My Dad will be chuffed to have won the July photo competition! He took a series of close up photos of unique exterior parts of the ship on our penultimate voyage in August 2007, a Med cruise. I will let him know when we next speak.

1979 QE2 Geiranger Fjord Norwegian cruise photo

Started by neil parrottBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 16
Views: 4582
Last post Sep 22, 2019, 06:05 PM
by cunardqueen
2014 Archive - QE2 in her element - Poll for the September Photo of the Month CLOSED

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 11
Views: 5862
Last post Nov 01, 2012, 02:35 PM
by EDWARD HICKSON
"Meet the Captain" photo gallery

Started by WaverleyBoard Passenger & Enthusiast Memories

Replies: 49
Views: 32100
Last post Jul 03, 2018, 10:17 PM
by Thomas Hypher
Prizes for photo competitions

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Photo Competition and QE2 Calendar