Author Topic: QE2 bears  (Read 12209 times)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: QE2 bears
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2021, 12:35 AM »
Many thanks, Jasper, for your good wishes ! Let us hope for all good things this year !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Ben Zabulis

« Reply #31 on: Aug 01, 2021, 09:38 AM »
'Are we there yet?' Travelling bear Jasper is pleased that August has at last arrived !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #32 on: Aug 01, 2021, 10:39 AM »
'Are we there yet?' Travelling bear Jasper is pleased that August has at last arrived !

Well worth the wait to see Jasper's photo on the Lulu August Calendar page!

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #33 on: Aug 01, 2021, 10:14 PM »
Oh, he does look pleased :) . And a bit nostalgic perhaps...

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2021, 01:38 AM »
We can wave at Jasper through his port hole all month !   :)

Offline Ben Zabulis

« Reply #35 on: Aug 05, 2021, 09:20 AM »
 Many thanks Lynda, Isabelle and June, he's basking in the limelight and reckons August should be declared a public holiday for all in recognition of the moment - I explained that that might be taking it a bit far, he finally agreed ! 

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #36 on: Aug 05, 2021, 10:02 AM »
I like his photo from last year holding a glass of wine and pointing to his picture.

Instead of a public holiday, we could all toast Jasper with a glass of wine (or preferred tipple). Ask Jasper what he thinks of my suggestion!  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #37 on: Aug 06, 2021, 02:09 AM »
A toast to Jasper !  :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #38 on: Aug 06, 2021, 09:17 AM »
Jasper has an audience - my QE2 bears think this is the best Calendar page so far this year.   :)

www.qe2event.com

Offline Ben Zabulis

« Reply #39 on: Aug 11, 2021, 08:50 AM »
I like his photo from last year holding a glass of wine and pointing to his picture.

Instead of a public holiday, we could all toast Jasper with a glass of wine (or preferred tipple). Ask Jasper what he thinks of my suggestion!  :)

Great idea Lynda and Jasper fully agrees, he proposes a tipple of one's choice for everyday of August !  :)

Offline Ben Zabulis

« Reply #40 on: Aug 11, 2021, 08:53 AM »
Jasper has an audience - my QE2 bears think this is the best Calendar page so far this year.   :)

Many thanks Lynda, Jasper is thrilled ! What a great collection of bears you have, we also have the one in the front row, left-hand side, nearest to Jasper - great characters !  :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #41 on: Aug 11, 2021, 09:13 AM »
Many thanks Lynda, Jasper is thrilled ! What a great collection of bears you have, we also have the one in the front row, left-hand side, nearest to Jasper - great characters !  :)

They are all rescue bears, Ben, rescued from eBay.  The little one with the white dressing gown was quite traumatised after having been sent through the post in a padded envelope, but he is well looked after by the "Clan".  They take turns of cruising with us on Cunard's ships, which they enjoy even though they are usually smuggled on in the cases. Sometimes in backpacks!  ;)
www.qe2event.com

Offline Ben Zabulis

« Reply #42 on: Aug 14, 2021, 09:32 AM »
Wow Lynda, how lovely that you can take in these little orphans and even take them on further cruises ! I'm sure the poor chap who arrived via padded envelope must have been traumatised, I'd would have been too !!  :)

Offline Rod

« Reply #43 on: Aug 14, 2021, 04:57 PM »
Have the Bears been vaccinated?

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #44 on: Aug 14, 2021, 06:47 PM »
Have the Bears been vaccinated?

Not yet but they are booked in to get their first vaccine so that they are ready for cruising  :)
www.qe2event.com

Cunard in the Air (and the Heathrow Bears)

Started by Thomas HypherBoard Cunard

Replies: 23
Views: 3850
Last post Jan 24, 2018, 07:48 PM
by June Ingram