Author Topic: Conference Surplus Funds Donations  (Read 1812 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Conference Surplus Funds Donations
« on: May 24, 2018, 05:14 PM »
The QE2 Story QE2 50 year conference organisers have previously noted their intention to donate any left over funds to charity and The QE2 Story.

John Little our event treasurer has sent me this letter from RNLI at Helensburgh.  At the last committee meeting we thought it was appropriate for a donation to go to a Clydeside branch of the RNLI. In the letter they explain that the donation will go towards training for crew of a new lifeboat - see letter attached.

We have also donated £100 to the QE2 Story so that the Event website can be retained.   

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Conference Surplus Funds Donations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 05:22 PM »
Awesome !!  It was so good that we could make a donation to RNLI at Helensburgh !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline pete cain

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:15 PM »
 Dear Lynda , John, Gavin  & everybody who organised that memorable event, what a fitting finale, RNLI funds
 always welcome, thanks everybody. I am just so amazed at the housekeeping, the venue, the transport to the venue, the cake, the celebratory drinks, the coffee / tea & lunch, the expenses for the guests, & goodness knows what else had to be covered. A M AZING. Thanks.....

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Thank-you Pete, your kind comments which are very much appreciated.  It was a lot of work organising the event but it was worth all the effort and I sometimes wish I could relive the day of the conference again and again as the atmosphere was amazing. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:39 PM »
A fitting recipient indeed. Once again, many thanks and congratulations on what turned out to be a fantastic day (2 days actually).

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Without a word of a lie - one of the best days of my life.

In my mind we weren't just keeping QE2's legend alive we were celebrating Clydebuilt at its best.

Cheers

Gav

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Agree.

And we were celebrating each other and the chance to spend some real time together -- what fun it was!

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 03:11 PM »
A real highlight of 2017 for sure.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.