Author Topic: Interviewing QE Crew, Passengers, WWII Veterans, War Brides for a New Book  (Read 745 times)

Offline Nicole Strickland

Hello Fellow Lovers of Ocean Liners,

My name is Nicole Strickland and I am a published author from San Diego, California.  I am also an avid lover of ocean liners and history, having spent nearly 15 years researching the RMS Queen Mary.  I recently published "RMS Queen Mary: Voices from Her Voyages," which shares the sailing stories, accounts and memories from former QM crew, passengers, WWII veterans and war brides.  It is currently being sold aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California. A significant amount of proceeds from its sales benefits the Queen Mary Heritage Foundation.  I thought about how wonderful it will be to have a similar book about her sister ship, the RMS Queen Elizabeth.

Therefore, I am currently interviewing former QE (and QE2) crew, passengers, WWII veterans and war brides about their overall sailing experiences and memories for this upcoming book. If you are interested in being interviewed and having your QE or QE2 stories featured in this book, please e-mail me at rmsqueenmaryresearch@gmail.com or nicolepisd@gmail.com  -  I am also available for phone interviews as well or if you prefer filling out a questionnaire, I have attached it to this post.

I look forward to hearing from you.  And, as always, happy sailing!

Nicole Strickland

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Welcome, Nicole, and what an exciting project you are planning!

I very much hope that you will be able to contact former crew of QE, her passengers or other workers who knew the ship. And yes... the war veterans and war brides...

When reading the other topics of this section, you will find some of our members mentioning QE, and perhaps they would be willing to contribute to your material. The topic started by Ron Baxter will be particularly interesting to you. Sadly, Ron is no longer alive, but it may be possible to contact his relatives for permission to publish his writings.

Could you please let us know a bit more about your intended input from former QE2 crew? What is the connection that you have in mind?

Hello Isabelle,

Thank you for responding to my post.  Yes, this project is special, indeed, as it helps to keep the Queen Elizabeth memories alive.

I would love to get in touch with Mr. Baxter's family to see if they would give me special permission to republish his writings - of course giving him full credit.  Would you be able to assist me in getting in touch with his family?

Since the QE is sadly no longer with us, I thought it will be great to include a chapter or two of QE2 crew and passenger stories as a way to honor the QE and keep her memory alive.  I think it will also be neat to interview those who sailed on both the QE and QE2 and have them describe the similarities and differences.

I am looking for general sailing experiences and memories - a day-in-the-life of a QE crew member, passenger, WWII veteran and war bride.  I will be interweaving ship history along with these stories, similar to what I did with my book, "RMS Queen Mary - Voices from Her Voyages."

Thank you for all your help,
Nicole

Offline Shirley Warren

I'm a past passenger.  I'm not familiar with this web-site, so don't know if I'm responding properly.  Let me know.  Your project sounds amazing.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

I'm a past passenger.  I'm not familiar with this web-site, so don't know if I'm responding properly.  Let me know.  Your project sounds amazing.

You're perfect where you are, Shirley. I hope that Nicole will read what you have written and respond to you.

You will also be very welcome to start a new topic under "Passenger and Enthusiast introductions" and tell us some of your memories of QE2 or her great predecessor Queens.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

Hi Shirley,

This is Nicole Strickland and I would love to hear more about your experiences on the Queen Elizabeth. Perhaps, we can chat on the phone or via email. My email is rmsqueenmaryresearch@gmail.com or nicolepisd@gmail.com

I bet you had some amazing times on Lizzie. 😃

All my best,
Nicole Strickland