Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Channel 5 Documentary: QE2 -The World's greatest cruise ship  (Read 14704 times)

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Tuesday 6th Feb, 8pm, Channel 5, UK.

I presume this is the programme that the QE2 story and it's members and moderators has been helping extensively with since last summer?

http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/f6dw7r/qe2-the-worlds-greatest-cruise-ship--series-1-episode-1/

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2018, 12:16 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Channel 5 Documentary QE2 : The World's greatest cruise ship
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Rob, it does look like it is the QE2 programme that Chanel 5 interviewed people from the QE2 Story and contacts that they met at conference.

I had been interviewed but the producer has not been in contact to let me know that the programme was on next week, or if I will be in the programme, but as I am neither crew or worker, unlikely I will be in next week's episode. 

I am disappointed to see that they have pursued the theme of looting and strikes. The shipyard workers of John Brown's built a magnificent ship and that is what should be remembered.  But we can only wait and see the programme they produce and hope it does the ship justice. 
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2018, 08:52 AM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2018, 09:43 PM »
Rob, it does look like it is the QE2 programme that Chanel 5 interviewed people from the QE2 Story and contacts that they met at conference.

I had been interviewed but the producer has not been in contact to let me know that the programme was on next week, or if I will be in the programme, but as I am neither crew or worker, unlikely I will be in next week's episode. 

I am disappointed to see that they have pursued the theme of looting and strikes. The shipyard workers of John Brown's built a magnificent ship and that is what should be remembered.  But we can only wait and see the programme they produce and hope it does the ship justice.

I was so annoyed when they told me they were going at the angle that the original turbines were disastrously bad. I dragged Stephen Payne over and got him to vouch for the fact that they were anything but, and took the ship further than both previous queens combined.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to watch...
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2018, 10:35 PM »
I was so annoyed when they told me they were going at the angle that the original turbines were disastrously bad. I dragged Stephen Payne over and got him to vouch for the fact that they were anything but, and took the ship further than both previous queens combined.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to watch...

Someone had better watch and tell those of us out of BBC range about this programme after it has been aired...
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2018, 08:53 AM by Lynda Bradford »

trevorc

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2018, 11:38 PM »
Someone had better watch and tell those of us out of BBC range about this programme after it has been aired...
Yes. Definitely.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2018, 08:53 AM by Lynda Bradford »

kevinh

Re: QE2 : The World's greatest cruise ship
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2018, 12:22 AM »
First I start working on my QE2 mini cartoon series, now the whole Forum is part of bringing a TV program on the ship together. Heh, what a coincidence! NOT.  ;D

I like.

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Agree, was interviewed, and would have expected notification of this from the production team. Tuesday 6 & 13 Feb 2019.

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2018, 10:47 AM »

Hi Isabelle

You probably know by now but it's on a channel independent of the BBC so I'm not sure whether it'll be available overseas  :( , have to hope that someone makes an illegal copy and uploads it to YouTube without being caught! Or you and others overseas can use a VPN to spoof your location...

Thomas
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Channel 5 Documentary: QE2 -The World's greatest cruise ship
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Both Michael and I were instrumental in making contacts between persons to be interviewed and the program producers.  I did not hear anything either about the program being aired.  Many times, here at least, those involved are notified as to when a program will be aired.  I do hope someone will be able to watch it and see what is actually in the program.
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Roy Warrender

« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:41 PM »
Hi the program airs Channel 5 Tuesday 6th February  8:00pm in Two episodes

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Thanks, Roy !  I am in the US and hope someone who has access can watch it.   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:47 PM »
I contacted the producer this morning to ask if he will be contacting the people interviewed, especially those contact that he got through the QE2 Story and the conference.  He said that he is working on editing the second part but will be contacting those interviewed. 

I was interviewed in October for the documentary and he said I would be in the first programme. 
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2018, 07:53 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Robbo

« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Look forward to watching the programme

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2018, 09:51 PM »
Im sure we will all be watching and no matter what form it takes , lets hope it shows QE2 in good light..

There was a lot to be said for Alan Whicker and his Fast Boat to China...
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Roy Warrender

« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Hi June
You may be Able to access channel 5 Catch up on your Computer

https://www.my5.tv/channels/five

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Thanks, Roy !!   :)

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:46 PM »
Thanks, Roy !!   :)

If not you can try a VPN to spoof your location to be in the UK as these catch up services (for example) are often region or country locked.
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!

kevinh

« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:54 PM »
I have Fios back at my place. Any idea on how I can access this?

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:56 PM »
I have Fios back at my place. Any idea on how I can access this?

You could try a VPN (when the programme is available on the Channel 5 catch-up service next week) and set your location to the UK and it might work. There are several free VPNs out there for different devices.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2018, 03:36 PM »
A Channel 5 assistant sent this "TX Card" for the programme. 

www.qe2event.com