Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Discuss a random photo of QE2 from our Gallery  (Read 148 times)

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Discuss a random photo of QE2 from our Gallery
« on: May 15, 2020, 03:07 PM »
On the homepage of our gallery, you'll see some random photos appear.  Find one that you like, or that intrigues you, and post a link to it here so we can discuss it.

I'd like to start with this one from "Hamburger" (Andreas).  He has many stunning photos in our gallery, and is clearly a talented photographer, but this one is something else.  The light is just perfect - you can see the crew getting ready for docking, and you can see the lights on for early morning workers in the World Trade Center towers.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=7592

Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Discuss a random photo of QE2 from our Gallery
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 03:31 PM »
Good topic choice Rob, when I had a look at the random photo files, that change every few minutes, I noticed this photo by John Parsons that caught my attention.  It is a photo of QE2 docked beside Sydney Bridge and having circumnavigated Australia this year, I have a similar photo, but of QM2, with the Sydney Ferry in the foreground.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=3343#top_display_media

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 05:18 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 07:51 PM »
That's amazing Lynda, the green boat at the front might even be the same one by the looks of it!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 11:14 PM »
Given that the photos are a random choice that is quite a random coincidence. I wonder how many more random coincidences can be found?
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 12:27 AM »
Here is one by shipnshore with Royal Iris. QE2 in Liverpool.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=6651
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 01:40 AM »
i was out on deck speaking with two ladies who l first met onboard in 1988 and then met again in complete surprise on a two day trip to Bruges in 2006, l had my parents onboard and we were sitting in the Lido, l kept looking over thinking No it couldn't be, and they were thinking the same.  We hadn't really seen much of each during the cruise so far. But they regaled their upgrade story thanks to a mutual friend on board during a previous cruise to the Grand Suites, which they loved but simply hated The Queens Grill .
It was a bit windy that day, and we were all organized to go ashore to board the coaches (when we docked) to go to the service in the Cathedral.
Never really saw much of Liverpool that day other than a quick walk and saw this building with Three Cunard Chimneys.

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 08:27 AM »
On the homepage of our gallery, you'll see some random photos appear.  Find one that you like, or that intrigues you, and post a link to it here so we can discuss it.

Interestingly, the random photos do not seem to appear when viewing the gallery on a mobile phone.