Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Michael Rosenberg RIP  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
Michael Rosenberg RIP
« on: Nov 06, 2015, 06:30 PM »
 Michael Rosenberg a regular passenger during the World Cruise has passed away this Monday evening

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Michael Rosenberg RIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2015, 07:20 PM »
So sorry to hear of this news. 
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Roy Warrender

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2015, 08:25 PM »
Sad news my thoughts are with his family

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2020, 10:58 AM »
I'm so glad that i found this thread as, every day i look at the item in the photo and smile, thinking about Michael.

On the return leg of a Cape Town run voyage, we stopped at Walvis Bay in Namibia and on the jetty were a number of very, very big blocks of local stone, awaiting export. These blocks were about 6/7 mtres long, about 1.5 mtres high and 2 mtres wide, I have no idea what they weighed but would think it was at least 5 tons each.
I was stood admiring one of these blocks when along walks Michael Rosenburg partaking of an afternoon walk on the jetty. He saw me looking at these blocks and walked up and said; “I know a man in Staffordshire who could do wonders with one of those, just what I need in my garden.” 
I reminded him that they were a little bit too big to take onboard and possibly too heavy to carry anyway! We chatted for a bit longer before he returned onboard and that was that. Just prior to sailing, when the last of the passengers were returning from their tours I was walking around these blocks of stone when I came across a couple of slithers that had somehow fallen off the main blocks. I picked up a couple and put them in my pocket while hatching a plan to amuse Michael.
That evening, after Michael & Jocelyn had gone to dinner, I went up to their cabin, found their Stewardess and we set the plan in motion!
The next morning, when she went in with their early morning tea, on a cushion with their tea she had placed one of the slithers of stone, handing it to Michael she said; “The Security Officer said you might like this.”  Michael roared with laughter and, later that morning, phoned me in my office still amused by it all.
I still have my slither – photo attached - and I like to think that he kept his as a reminder of that trip and the joke we shared.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2020, 12:59 PM »
Brilliant story thanks for sharing Andy.  It is keeping stories like this one alive that make the QE2 Story forum a great resource. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2020, 01:26 PM »
Brilliant story thanks for sharing Andy.  It is keeping stories like this one alive that make the QE2 Story forum a great resource.

It's my pleasure to recall these stories as Michael was a very special person, who despite all his money - and i don't mean that in any nasty - way,was actually a very kind, private person with a wicked sense of humour.

I'll post a few more stories in the upcoming days, to help lighten members lives.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2020, 06:48 PM »
Great to hear these stories, Andy !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !